Monday, January 26, 2009

Why I should have gray hair

I have an amazing mother. As I was growing up, she would love each gray hair she got. She loved them so much, she would freak out if you dared to pull one of hers' out. She doesn't just grow old gracefully, she embraces and loves the wisdom and experience of each year and each day. Thankfully, I learned a thing or two from her. And while I haven't found a gray hair yet, I'm perfectly willing to accept them when they come along. After the day I had, that should be any time now...
I spent most of the day cleaning in preparation for my realtor's visit. Calet spent the day destroying everything I cleaned.

After he got home from school, I asked Jaden to get the mail so I wouldn't have to put on shoes and bundle up. He was already out there anyway, right? Well, he poked around outside so long that Daven's bus arrived. Daven saw Jaden getting the mail and wanted to get it too. They fought. Rolling in snow ensued. You can't see their faces from the angle, so here is a picture of them. It was either take a picture or pull out my hair, and I already said I'd like to keep my hair. I'm working on ignoring their 'junk behavior.' I don't normally take pictures of fighting, for the record...

But, lest you (or I) feel like today was nothing but a big headache, I got a free t-shirt that I ordered from Signing Time. They make WONDERFUL movies that teach sign language to children and babies. But they are great for adults too and Brad has learned a lot!

Now, bring on the gray hairs!

10 chocolate lovers:

--Leann-- said...

ooooh... we're a Signing Time family too! I'm so excited that BabyI is ready to learn signs. *happy dance*

Howd you get a free shirt?

Trisha said...

Uh, I've got the grays and for some reason I think that I will be able to win the battle with my tweezers.

You introduced us to Signing times and I'm so glad you did. We love it!

I LOVE the snow fight picture. Brotherly love. Too cute!

Mamapierce said...

Cute shirt! I love Signing Times, too! It looks like you've introduced them to a LOT of people! :o)

Sara said...

Interested in the Signing Times videos - Kate loves knowing signs, but I've never really used videos. Hope your day tomorrow is better!

Victoria :) said...

Love the picture of the boys! LOL.

nicole said...

You're hilarious. :) The picture of the snow fight cracked me up! And I'm with your mom on the growing older thing. I honestly think it's beautiful, and I have no clue why our country has such issues with aging. I wish there were more people like you and her that embraced it! We should be happy about the wisdom that comes from age, and recognize the beauty in maturity. Hope tomorrow is less stressful for you!

Laurie said...

LOVE the snow fight picture. Classic.

Natalie said...

As much as I think that women who grow old gracefully are amazing and fabulous, I can't bring myself to embrace my several gray hairs and ever-increasing wrinkles. Do you want my gray hairs? :) I think you deserve a humongous pile of gold for the things you are going through right now! At least, in fact. I love your Hopkins shirt...we have recently become huge fans of Signing Time. Hang in there! :)

Missy said...

Way cute t-shirt! Ah boys. You'll be so glad you documented that.

Naomi said...

I feel the same way as you about the gray hairs. My mom also ages very gracefully. I hope I am the same way.