Monday, January 19, 2009

Game time!

I had such a great weekend with my friend Jill and her family here. We went through 5 loaves of home made bread because it is just that good! Jill and I got to play racquetball, at the Y, 2 of the 3 days they were here. Oh, how I love racquetball. I keep hoping to find someone here to play. Sigh...

We also played quite a few games of Settlers of Cattan, which I love. I even tried a new game called Ticket to Ride. It was fun, but I must confess that I preferred the online version. Why? I don't like adding up points. I play games for fun and don't really care much about points. The computer adds points for you so I don't have to think about it. I guess I'm just not competitive enough.

My kids really loved playing their Wii that the Pierce's brought with them. I didn't even get a chance to try it! Okay, maybe I didn't even try to take a turn. I'm sure the kids would have let me have a turn if I wanted to have one. I'm just afraid to get hooked and then be sad to not have one. They also had lots of fun with Anna and the newly adopted children Keith and Kristina. I was SOOOOO impressed with how great the kids all got along. Stinker loved their dog, perhaps a little too much. We were having so much fun we didn't even mind that it snowed almost the entire weekend.

Thanks for the fun weekend, Pierce family!

5 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Thanks for the great weekend! Settlers of Catan is a great game, thanks for playing! And that homemade bread is mighty tasty! :o) Thanks again! xoxo

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I could try to play racquetball with you sometime. Try, being the keyword. I took a racquetball class once, and I was terrible! But it would be fun to try again.

Eran said...

I am so happy to hear you had such a great weekend... playing games with the kids is sooo much fun. And stay away from the Wii... it is so adicting! I have literally played that thing until 3 am knowing I have to be up in an hour to get ready for work :)

Racquetball is so much fun... if I was there we would definately have to play... I suck but it would be a blast. Keep it up!!

Sarah C said...

That sounds like so much fun. I am glad you had a great weekend with the Pierce family.

Missy said...

So fun! I LOOOVE raquetball. But I don't have a Y membership.