Friday, January 9, 2009

Hi neighbor!

Yes, I'm watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood with Stinker, but this isn't about that. :)


And before I begin, may I just clarify something? I do appreciate all of the comments yesterday, but I most certainly don't expect people to comment on all of my posts. Most of my posts are just silly anyway. The main reason I did the de-lurking post is because I have a couple of people who regularly come to the site without ever saying hi. I'm not sure if they are coming because they like me and are my friends, or if they come because they like to see me suffer (as in flooding basements, broken garage doors, and a week of puking kids). If they are coming because they like me, well then I'd love for them to say hi, so I can make a new friend. And if they are coming because my life is such drama, well, can't argue that point, my life does get crazy. Such as last night....


*Warning, please skip this paragraph if you don't care about football. You were warned.* I thoroughly, and I do mean THOROUGHLY, enjoyed watching OU lose last night. As many of you know, I lived in OK for 7 years. I LOVE OK! But I think OU has a serious superiority complex. I'm not saying that OSU is better at sports, regretfully, they are not. All I'm saying is that I spent 7 years getting sick and tired of OU's arrogant and condescending behavior. Obviously I don't know everyone who went to OU, in fact I love many people who did go, and all I have to go off of are news paper articles and the ridiculous comments of one Barry Switzer, UGH!!! I just get so irritated when I read comments like a certain OU player, who shall remain nameless, saying that Tebow, who is quite a football stud, would only be 4th best in their conference. Uh, seriously? So arrogant. Tebow, of course, was totally classy and laughed it off, but this isn't the first comment from OU that has annoyed me. One of the announcers even picked up on it and said that the guy probably heard it all the time in his locker room and was just repeating it. I'm pretty sure that wasn't a reference to other players.


ANYWAY, to make a short story long, I was very happy after the game last night. So happy, in fact, that I watched the post-game, which I don't normally do. About 12:30, I decided to get to bed. I went to the boys room to cover them up, and I heard voices outside. I looked out the window and some people were standing around in my yard. My first thought was that they had hockey sticks, which I thought was odd. I'd see skiers going down my street, but ice skaters??? My next thought is that it was my 'for sale' sign stealers coming back. Naturally, I had to go out there. :) I went out the door and saw a car in my yard. I asked if they needed help and heard the familiar voices of some neighbors from down the street. We spent the next 30 minutes trying to get the car out. We shoveled to try and remove some snow surrounding the car. We used plywood under the tire that wasn't getting any traction and tried pushing. Then I suggested we start rocking it. We finally did get it out. The neighbors were very grateful and apologetic, but the daughter didn't say anything to me, probably out of embarrassment.


So, I took some pictures on my way back from the gym this morning. It was too dark last night. I am a really bad judge of height, distance, weight, etc, but I thought this snow bank was pretty big! She would have had to hit that corner pretty fast to plow through it. And, Brad, before you get too concerned, she did manage to miss the wall. PHEW!!!


And there is my crazy story for today!



9 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

Try living in Norman for four years. :)

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

The thing I hate most about OU fans are that most of them haven't even set foot on the campus. Ugh! Sooners! Ick!

coxandroberts said...

That is how I have always thought of the Denver Broncos. I was always glad when they lost. They seemed to sell superbowl tickets before the season even started.

This crazy snow. Poor girl. It would be rather embarrassing. Not like we haven't all had some experience like that. Did you know Cory Bond? Anyway, I wasn't paying attention and backed into his Mustang after practice one day. no damage, thank goodness to his car but $2000 to my little car.Ugh.

Natalie said...

I am also not a fan of OU and was thrilled to see them loose. Also, how about those Utes? :) Number 2 ain't bad! You have to be the nicest person on this planet. Those tire tracks look like the car must have been lodged in there amazingly well, and I'm glad she didn't cause any structural damage. I promise we are trying to devise a plan to get our stuff soon; our plans keep getting foiled by weather, automobile failure, etc. Sorry!

Mamapierce said...

Yeah, that was a close game, too! Isn't the de-lurking thing fun? I think so! Love you!

Missy said...

Yikes! Poor girl. I am definitely still getting used to snow driving and getting my van un-stuck from random snowy spots... but at least I haven't slid into anyone else's yard yet. Yet.

Mellissa said...

I think you are seriously brave to go outside were people are "planning" with "hockey sticks!" I would have peed my pants and then spied from the window.
P.S. I LOVED the game too!

Jennie said...

Hi there! I forgot that you found my blog awhile ago. You found me from Jeanette's right? I can't remember. I just visited your blog again today for the first time since a couple of months ago when you first visited mine.

Anyway, I live in Farmington Hills, and we are liking it so far! Our ward is great and I have some friends already. We live by a busier street so all the snow/ice gets cleared really well, so I have a safe road to drive on. (that was my biggest fear about moving here, I hate driving in the snow/ice!!) We're loving having the seasons again too! Can I see pics of your family blog too? Where do you live?

Victoria :) said...

Funny, I hope I am not one of your lurkers. :) I feel like I leave comments fairly often.

Fortunate she missed the wall and didn't hit anything at all.

I was thinking you are very brave to go check out things yourself at night. Especially with Brad not around.