Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bus update

Well, it doesn't take much to get me crying, that is for sure, but I wanted to give a happily ever after to a story I just posted about.

Roo got off the bus today and told me the mean boy, hereafter referred to as Z, didn't talk to, look at, or trip him today. He said that Ms. B, his teacher, is keeping an eye on Z. And that Z sat in the front seat and he sat in row 8. He seemed very happy after getting off the bus today.

Then I got an email from Ms. B, that I won't put on here, seeing as this is a public blog, but I will sum up for you. She said she heard multiple kids talking about Z today, so she got on the bus and asked the bus driver to seat Z away from all pre-Kers and told him that if she heard one more report about him she was calling his mom. :D

Yes, I'm crying. Probably mostly hormonal, but I'm just so grateful to not have this weighing on my heart anymore. While my heart aches for Z and the rejection and embarrassment he must feel for being singled out by a teacher while only in 1st grade, I have to think of my son and his feelings first. I'll still keep an eye on this, but definitely not with the same dread as I had before. So yeah! Rejoice with me for awesome teachers who are on the ball!

8 chocolate lovers:

Mostess Mommy said...

Awww, yay for the teacher sticking up for the kids! Hopefully Z isn't a bad seed and learns from this lesson! Yay for Roo!

Trisha said...

That's so good to hear. Glad it is working out.

Becky said...

It really hurts to see such sad things with kids. A first grader, you just wonder what's going on or not going on at home. Though kids have a lot to learning just on their own too and just need to be guided by someone who's paying attention. I love it when teachers are open and honest about what's going on. I don't care about being offended, just tell me what my kid is doing so I can help!
I remember hearing about a story on the news about a young kid who shot his father and his friend and my heart ached to see him being charged at such a young age with now chance for help and a future. I was actually crying while watching the news. More people need more hugs than they're getting.

nicole said...

That's sooo hard. I would be crying too! My little girl (a kindergartner) was bullied for a while, and just the thought of it broke my heart. I think it brought me back to those days when I was teased... it's so hard to send your kids off to school and worry about how they will be treated. And their sense of self worth is being formed at those ages, so I worry that those comments will stick with her. I'm so glad it looks like the situation is improving for him. :)

Dion said...

Bullies are such a painful part of childhood. Glad this one is being handled.

Eran said...

I am so glad to hear that the teacher is attentive and looking out for the best interests of her students. All too often it seems that the teachers are too afraid to step in until it gets out of hand. Yeah for not having to constantly worry about the bus... there is plenty to worry about when you send your babies off to school.

Mamapierce said...

I'm glad everything is improving. It's hard when you're not able to fix something yourself for your kids.

Lisa~ said...

I wish there was someone energetic and loving in the life of this bullying kid's life to help turn him into a force for good. :-(
I'm glad it worked out well for your son.