Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside!

It is soooo cold outside. I guess it is -25 with windchills taking it to -30. My nose hairs froze in the time it took to take the trash to the end of the drive. It is so cold that they cancelled school today. Wow. So, I had to say good-bye to my plans to go to the gym and the store. They don't do child care for Jaden's age and the Y and there is no way I'm going to the store with 3 kids if it isn't a necessity.

Thankfully, my friend Jill and her family are trekking here for the weekend. They are bringing some games and their Wii, so it promises to be a fun weekend. And we can't forget the Bollywood, which will also be plentiful while they are here. WAHOO!

9 chocolate lovers:

Croft Family said...

WOW that is cold!!!

Cindy said...

That is miserably cold....aren't you so glad to live in a time of heaters, sealed windows and insulation?!?!? I don't think I would have settled in such a cold place without all of those things...I would have been part of the California gold rush for sure!

Mamapierce said...

Oh yeah - gaming & bollywood all. weekend. long. Can't wait! See you soon!

nicole said...

How fun! Yeah, I had to run a couple errands today... it was a disaster! Very smart of you to stay home. :)

Eran said...

After living in that for months on end... Alaska gets even colder (surprise righ lol) I can tell you that it is livable and gives great reasons to have a fire :) Drink lots of hot chocolate and settle in for good times with the kiddos!

Becky said...

I depend way to much on having my boys at school to maintain sanity. They too are home from school for some teacher thing. I had them here during the week several times because of sickness. Let me just tell you, I am really sick of them! Sad, but true. I am so sorry about that weather though. We're at 34 right now.

Laurie said...

Enjoy the company! Sounds like a blast. They are brave souls to brave that cold. I can't even fathom the cold you guys are having out there. Here I am typing in shorts and a t-shirt b/c we were in the 80s all week and I'm hearing Chicago was colder than the North Pole today!

StevenBecky said...

I know! It was freeky cold

Laurie said...

OH MY GOSH! Your family pictures are SO cute. You are such a babe!!