Saturday, January 24, 2009

Do NOT sleep with my hubby!

Brad called me this morning when I was at the boys' basketball game. This story is beyond bizarre. I'll let him tell it in his own words.

***Update*** This story is just so crazy that people are wanting to share it. LOVE IT! But it won't make much sense if you don't know what is happening in our family right now. In July '07 we bought a house in Michigan for a general surgery residency. In October '08, Brad was offered an Ear Nose and Throat position in Philadelphia. It was his first love, so we went with our hearts (and lots of prayers) on that one. He moved to Philly in mid-Oct. and is staying with his med school friend, Spencer, who not only told him about the position, but was a great advocate for Brad in getting the offer. We are waiting for our house to sell in a very difficult market so that our family can be together again. Residents don't get paid enough to cover 2 housing payments, or we'd be out there already. Spencer is a saint, but I don't think he wants 5 extra house guests, though apparently he has an open door policy. KIDDING, SPENCER!! Okay, you're caught up. Enough of the boring, start reading the funny!***

"This is a true but VERY bizarre story!

I worked until midnight last night (I had six consults to do after finishing surgery at 6:30). I got to Spencer's place (my friend that so graciously allows me to live with him while my family is in Michigan) around 1am, brushed my teeth, read my scriptures, said my prayers, and fell to sleep (I was the only one in my bed at that time). About 5:30 this morning, I was awakened by a vibrating cell phone. It was not my phone. And then I noticed it.... I noticed her. Some girl sleeping the opposite direction of me, fully clothed, and sleeping on top of the covers.

I assumed it was one of Spencer's friends and expected to see others on the couches. But nobody was laying on the couch. I told her to scoot over (so she could have the whole bed), gave her a pillow, and put the blankets on her. I grabbed a blanket from the closet and went to sleep on the couch. Her phone kept vibrating and she turned it off a few times before I actually fell asleep.

I awoke around 7:30 when Spencer went to do laundry, but fell back to sleep, fully awakening at 10:30 to the wonderful smell of coffee (no, I do not drink coffee. I just like smell of it. Spencer later told me he woke up around 3:30 and saw her in the bed, assuming it was Melisa visiting for the weekend, and thought it weird to see me sleeping on the couch later). The girl was still in the bed asleep.

"Spencer, who is that?" I asked.

"You are kidding. That is Melisa," he responded.

"No, it's not Melisa. Is the one of your friends? Samira? Heather? Anu?"

"Stop joking. That is Melisa, isn't it?"

"No, I have no idea who it is."

"Neither do I."

Spencer looked at her face to confirm it was not Melisa, nor one of his friends. So he gently woke her up. "Excuse me, what is your name?" She woke up and told us her name. "Do you know where you are?"

"No," she answered calmly.

"Do you know what building you are in?"

"I have no idea."

"You are in building L. What building do you live at?"

Come to find out she lives in the same building, just upstairs from us. She asked how she got in and Spencer explained that the door must have remained unlocked (sorry, that was my fault). He asked her if she had gone out drinking, which she said yes, at the clubhouse but did not remember going home. He told her that she could stay as long as she wanted and asked if she wanted some breakfast. She politely declined, got up, and asked if we had seen her purse, jacket, or shoes. "Nope," we said simultaneously. She then said, "This will be quite a story to tell the grandkids." To which we both assured her that NOTHING happened while she was here.

As she opened the door to go upstairs, she posed a strange question. "Is one of you a doctor?" I explained that we both were residents in ENT. She then mentioned that she had applied to medical school once, but did not get in, "Probably because of doing stuff like this," she chuckled.

She must not have been too embarrassed because she came back down about 15 minutes later saying that her purse and shoes were next to her door upstairs but not her coat. We looked around the apartment but could not find it. She said she would check the clubhouse and then left again.

I am grateful that Spencer is a witness to this event. I guess I will need to be sure to lock the door in the future."

It is a crazy world. Ladies, please don't get into bed with my husband. I will have to hurt you. You have been warned. And Brad, I love you. LOCK YOUR DOOR!!!!!

25 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

How incredibly bizarre!!!!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That is crazy!

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness! What in the world!

Stephanie said...

That is the craziest story, I can barely believe it's true!! Man, I would be on my way to Phili to give her a piece of my mind, drunk or not, that is not cool!

Sara said...

Wow - what a story - CRAZY!!

Sarah C said...

That is so funny. I told Ben the story. We couldn't help but laugh. I am sure if I was Brad's wife I would not be laughing... but reading the story was comical. It's a good things Brad is a loyal husband. That girl must have been very drunk. I can't even imagine not knowing where I went to sleep. Crazy.

Croft Family said...

I weird is that. What people end up doing when they are drunk, with out even knowing that they did it!

Natalie said...

OMG! That is nuts. How strange! Don't you love it when you're husband is out of town? :) Good thing Brad and Spencer are on the straight and narrow. What a crazy lady!

Jilly Bean said...

Holy cow. That's nuts! I'm so glad I never got into drinking. How stupid and dangerous. Wow. Poor Brad and Spencer.

Mellissa said...

Are you putting together a posse? I will fight for you for sure, count me in. I specialize in walking in groups and organizing large groups of people in cars!

nicole said...

What in the world?!? You're right... that is pretty bizarre. I would be pretty disturbed if I heard about that! Good thing you have a devoted hubby. :)

Cindy said...

That is insane! It's a good thing that you are both on the straight and narrow....it says a lot that he shared that story with you.

Sarah C said...

Ben and I were talking about this story again tonight. Ben said, "I don't think God would ever let that happen to me, because he knows that would go above and beyond what you (talking about me) could handle." He is right. I would be furious at that girl. I have total trust issues. Not with Ben, just trust issues in general. If I heard that story, my mind would go nuts worrying about it. You are a good wife. It is great that You and Brad have a secure enough relationship that he could tell you that story and you could be ok. Ben is a really good husband too, but I am ultra paranoid. It is not Ben's fault at all. I have just seen bad things happen to good people and it freaks me out. I know that made me sound crazy...Sorry.

Victoria :) said...

Wow! She should be thankful she ended up in the home that she did. Imagine all the things that could have happened. I am impressed with Brad and Spencer. It seems that remained amazingly calm. Guess it helps that they are men and she was a female and not some random man.

Dunstan Family said...

Micah couldn't stop laughing!! I have to laugh as well.. although gosh that girl should have been embarrassed. I will help hurt for the record whom ever does !!!

Raina said...

great story! Umm but disturbing! I hope she doesn't get killed doing this again!

Dion said...

Oh, how funny. The fact that he told you the story reveals what a trusting relationship you guys have. He could have hid it from you in fear that you would be angry. He knows you love and trust him, though!

Nate said...

wow. so crazy! I had to come straight home and read about it. Grandkids..hahaha wo.

--Leann-- said...

I love this story! and I will forever remember this story when Brad's name comes up in conversation. I cannot think of any other man who would have just gone and slept on the couch while some stranger was in his bed!

I'm giving away bloggy awards today. Come here here to get yours!

Tori said...

I still can't believe this story! I think it's funny he just gave her his bed and went out to finish sleeping on the couch. Too funny. Tell him to get a key and keep the door locked. Crazy!

Erin said...

THat is so bizarre! Hope your house sells soon so you can get out there to watch over Brad.

Missy said...

Yikes! That story could only happen to a couple of straight-laced residents. I am sending double-strength vibes into the universe for you... Sell sell sell sell...

Melissa said...

Crazy story.

why did she ask if he was a doctor?

I hope you sell you house soon so you can keep an eye on that husband of yours!

Melissa (Real Wife, Resident Wife blog)

Amanda said...

Hahahaha!! I can't believe I've never heard this story from you guys! SO funny!!

Drew said...

Wow! What a wild story!