Friday, January 23, 2009

New methods of torture

As if going to kettlebell weren't enough torture. I somehow managed to go to my cardio class today. Though the motivation to move quickly was gone and I got there super late. At least I forced myself to go.

And because sometimes physical torture isn't enough, I had added mental torture. Starting yesterday, I kept hearing a beep in the basement. I couldn't figure out where in the world it was coming from. It was like a cricket! You stand in one place, wait to hear it, move to where you think it came from, wait to hear it again, only to find it came from where you used to be standing. ARGH!!! It was torture! My biggest concern was a sump pump problem as our basement tends to have lots of water around it. I can't handle a sump pump problem again. I just can't. Then I stood by the water heater, A/C, washer and dryer, heater, etc. Nothing. I looked in all of the rafters, per Amber's suggestion, and there was nothing that looked like an abandoned smoke alarm. But I still couldn't find the source. At this point I was near tears. I need a husband. I can't find the stupid beeping, and even if I did find it, how in the world was I supposed to fix it???

I started standing by boxes. First the toy boxes, per Jessica's suggestion. No go. So, I'd go to each box and wait for the stupid beep to come back. Finally, FINALLY, I found it in one of Natalie's boxes. There was a smoke alarm in the kitchen box, and apparently it wasn't happy to be ignored. Yes, Natalie, I still love you.

8 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

How frustrating! Those husbands sure make life easier, don't they? Hoping you will be reunited with yours soon!

Eran said...

Yeah I am so glad you found the source of the beeping. Those smoke detectors get you everytime lol!

Yeah for cardio too! You go girl :)

Sarah C said...

I am glad you found the noise. Sorry things are so hard right now. Thank goodness Brad is coming home next month.

Jilly Bean said...

Hey, I'm glad you found my blog! It's fun to see yours. Those m&ms look yummy. Thanks for your well wishes for my sleep tonight!

Becky said...

Earlier, because of the first few lines of your post, I quickly abandoned the computer, slid into my work out garb and headed to the gym for a sweaty workout. Thanks for the inspiration.
We had a mysterious sound once, only we knew what it was just not where. We were in the van and every time we went over a bump we would hear "To infinity and beyond!" or "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" It was a comfort know he was there for us and would save us if were in need of it.

Mellissa said...

Beep......Beep......Beep......
Just Kidding!!!! Good hunting skills!

Sara said...

I laughed - I know that is awful, but I was just imagining myself and it brought out a little giggle! I'm glad you found the source.

Natalie said...

I AM SO SORRY! Adam must have dumped the contents of our junk drawer into a box without examining them first (typical). If the tables were turned and I was gallantly offering basement space to a friend for storage and I heard a beeping noise, I would strangle that friend. I'm glad you still love me. Trust me, if there's any a favor (or a hundred) that you need...I'm your woman! :) You are the best!