Sunday, March 1, 2009

First born tag, aka Jamo's birthday!!!


1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We were so thrilled. We'd had a miscarriage already, so it felt like forever before I got pregnant again, even though it was only 6 months.

3. How old were you? I was 25 when I had him

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I took lots of at-home tests. :) We were really anxious. I started spotting at 6 weeks and thought I was having another miscarriage, so I went and got an ultrasound. Just seeing that little heart beat brought me to tears. I was so thrilled.

5. Who did you tell first? Brad and probably my mom

6. Did you want to find out the sex? He was a surprise. We got lots of yellow and green at baby showers. :)

7. What was your due date? Mar. 4 th

8. Did you deliver early or late? my FABULOUS doctor was going out of town, so he induced me on the morning of 28th of February. It was a 17 hr labor, so I didn't have him until 3:53 am on March 1st.

9. Did you have morning sickness? I puked for all 9 months with all 3 of my kids. (((Shudder)))

10. What did you crave? pickles. Believe it or not, I never really cared for chocolate until I got pregnant with Jamo. Now I'm a total addict.

11. Who irritated you the most? I worked as a bank teller while I was prego. Every day, 10 times a day, I would get asked if I was having twins. My belly gets SOOOO huge. My Young Women used to tease me that I was carrying a basketball.

12. What was your first child's sex? A boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout your pregnancy? 40 exactly

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Um, more concerns than complications. My miscarriage was in France, and at the time, I didn't know I was A-, so I didn't have any Rhogam shots. And then when I started spotting again, they worried about the possibility of antibodies. So, we had a few days of worry while waiting for the bloodwork to come back. And I had a TMJ disorder issue the first 4 months where my mouth clamped shut and would only open about as wide as 2 of my fingers. Made puking all the time annoying and quite painful. And when my water broke, there was meconium staining, so we had to have a pediatrician at the delivery. He was not happy to be there at 3 in the morning, let me tell you!

15. Where did you give birth? Stillwater Medical Center

16. How many hours were you in labor? 17

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Brad

18. Who was in the delivery room? Brad, his mom, and her hubby.

19. Natural or c-section? Natural

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? haha! I thought I'd try it without. I made it 11 hours, but once they started the pitocin, I said, screw it, this isn't worth it. Once the anesthesiologist finally made it in, 2 hours later, I was really ready for that epidural! The rest of it wasn't as bad, except still vomitting, and needing to be on oxygen.

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lb 10 oz

22. What did you name him/her? "Jamo" Bradley Mons. I found it in a book with the meaning "Jehovah has heard" which I loved. We stuck with the traditional spelling of it, but later found out my cousin named his boy the same name with an alternate spelling. There are 3 of them on that side of my family now. hahahaha!

23. How old is your first born today? I was saving this post for today. His 7th birthday. Sure went fast! I'm putting some pictures of him up on the Cookie blog, so check it out!

5 chocolate lovers:

Sarah C said...

Happy Birthday "Jamo"! I hope you have a great day!

Trisha said...

Look at you! Happy Birthday Jamo!

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Jamo! Don't you love those prego pictures.....I didn't get a great side shot with Tan but made sure I did with all of the rest. It was fun to read his birth story!

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday Jamo! I love that picture of you. So precious is a mother's love.

Robyn said...

I loved reading this. Happy Birthday Jamo!