Monday, March 9, 2009

Tooth troll

The night after the kids got home, Jamo lost another tooth. The poor boy's 2 front teeth still haven't come in and they fell out back in early December. So now he has 3 teeth missing on top. I don't know how he eats. ;o)


You might remember that the last time he lost a tooth, I had to borrow one from Jamo's piggy bank because I didn't have any gold dollars on me. I decided to buy a few extras for his next lost tooth. But when the day arrived, I couldn't find them anywhere. Uh oh. So, I went to borrow one again from Jamo, but there weren't any in his piggy bank. There must be a black hole sucking all of our gold dollars into it's vortex. I finally had to bust into my kids' coin collections and hope I could replace it back after I got some more gold dollars. I went to take the tooth out of his tooth pillow and put in the gold dollar and I couldn't find the tooth anywhere! I should probably add here that this was at 3:30 am. For some thankful reason, I woke up at 3:30 and realized I hadn't done it yet.

Anyway, I just put in the gold dollar and decided to look for the tooth later, assuming Jamo doesn't know it is missing. After school, I told him the tooth fairy said thank you for the tooth.

"The tooth wasn't in the pillow. I lost it."
gulp "She told me that she found it. Where exactly did you lose it?"
"Somewhere on my bed."
I make a mental note to hurry and go look before he gets upstairs and Tylerr pipes in.
"It was probably taken by the tooth troll. He likes to collect teeth before the tooth fairy can get there to make his necklaces. Sometimes he doesn't even wait for them to fall out."
My boys stare at him for a few seconds before loudly proclaiming he is teasing.

Oh, the joys of uncles. And for the record, I did find the tooth on his bed before he realized what happened.

Here is my brother Tylerr in front of the Magic Johnson statue.



Also, on the Cookie blog, there are pictures of the boys' basketball stuff and Jamo's birthday party. It was super low-key. Poor Brad has missed everyone's birthday this year and I've lacked the energy to do a party by myself. We have one in October, November, December and then Jamo's in March. I take that back! He left the day after Roo's party in October. Hopefully we'll be back together before Brad's birthday in May.

Last night we got to chat with him via webcam. That was lots of fun. The kids had a blast, but I think they were watching themselves dancing as much as they were looking at him. haha!

6 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

I like the gold dollars from the tooth fairy idea. I will have to keep that in mind!

Happy Birthday Jamo!

Sara said...

Never a dull moment at your house! Love the gold dollar idea - I still remember getting $$$ from the tooth fairy!

Jessi said...

I had NO idea there were GOLD dollars..what a neat idea! Glad you were able to find the tooth..whew!

We LOVE Skype to talk with our family...and just like your kiddos, Josiah is amused with watching himself on the screen. What program do y'all use?

Cindy said...

This is my least favorite mystical creature that we as parents get to portray! There is no rhyme or reason to when you get to be this mystical creature and often no warning. Our toothfairy has had to, on more than one occasion, write notes to our kids explaining why she wasn't able to make it to our house that night....i.e. I forgot until the child came sobbing up the stairs in utter disappointment......BAD Toothfairy Bad!

Missy said...

I just love the closeup of his sweet "baby" hands holding that tooth pillow. Our boys are so "grown-up" sometimes, it's easy to forget how sweet and little they really are still.

Victoria :) said...

I love the idea of the Gold Dollar! And of the Tooth Troll...too funny!