Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ah, the joys

Being married to a doctor leads to some interesting situations. Take this for example:

It was a late night, and I got distracted, so it was nearly 11pm before I called Brad. I expected he'd be sleeping, seeing as surgeons are up and going by 5, and I'd leave a message apologizing for not calling him sooner. But it was nothing that I expected. A woman answered his phone. Our conversation went thus:

"Hello?"
"uhhhhh...." (I was in a bit of a shock that a woman answered the phone and my head was trying to come up with logical explanations)
"Hello? Hello? {Dr Mons, I think it is your wife.} He's in surgery, he'll have to call you back."
"uhhhhhhh..... thanks....."

I figured out what the situation was before she said something, but I confess to being momentarily stunned. It isn't every day that a woman answers your husband's phone. He wasn't even on call that night, so I didn't expect him in surgery at 11 pm. Naturally, I made sure that his phone was on his belt holder and not in a pocket, because then I'd have to chew him out.

7 chocolate lovers:

coxandroberts said...

I would be in shock too if a woman answered my husbands phone!

Becky said...

Well, if the woman is anything like me, she wouldn't even be able to figure out how to answer his phone. Those multipurpose phones throw me.

deedoug

James and Lesley said...

That is too funny!

Rachel said...

My response would probably be pretty similar to yours, no words...just "uhhhh...."

Mamapierce said...

Hilarious. How does these things keep happening?

Deanne said...

At least she wasn't in bed with him! haha...

ChristyLou said...

That is so funny! I bet that got your heart pumping a bit...