Monday, March 16, 2009

What have I done?!?!!?

Here is an exact quote from Stacy's blog:

"This game involves a few of my favorite things: handmade goods, creativity, and gift-giving. Here are the tagging instructions: The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me! My choice. For you.

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
1- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
2- What I create will be just for you.
3- It'll be done this year.
4- You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a story. It may be poetry or an article on properly cleaning your face before a masque. I may draw or paint something. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!
5- I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.

The catch? Oh, the catch is that you must re-post this on your blog and offer a giveaway to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog. The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me! Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!

I hope that I have at least 5 friends that will do this!

P.S. I know some of my Blog followers do not normally post comments, so if you would like to be "entered", send me an email and I'll do this for the first 2-3 friends who email me, too."

Now we get to the "truth in advertising" portion that is specific to me. I didn't realize I was signed up until last night. I had commented on her blog a week ago that I thought it was a super cute idea, but inside I was thinking, I would never be able to come up with a cute crafty gift. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to get something from Stacy. She made a blanket for Stinker that is one of her favorites. Stacy oozes crafty talent. I do not have a crafty bone in my entire body. Anyway, I was the 5th comment, and I just assumed she'd had a few emailed comments as well since it had been a day or two and everyone wants a piece of Stacy. But last night I was informed that I had made the cut. After the initial thrill of getting something from Stacy subsided, my stomach dropped at the thought of making crafts myself. Let's just say that rule #1 is in FULL EFFECT. And I may just use my whole year allotted to me via rule #3. And with my crafting skills, you can pretty much be guaranteed of #5. Yeah, I can see you are all jumping at this chance.

I'm making my own rules too. Here are my rules for being entered:

  1. I have no clue what I'm going to do. Are you a crafty person with a great idea? Leave me a comment of some cute craft ideas. Are you as hopeless as me when it comes to crafts? Give me some general moral support so I don't hyperventilate.
  2. I am going to use a random number generator to pick 5 comments. If I only get 6 comments, well then, that will be a pretty easy generating. haha! Good news is that you won't have to post this until your number gets generated.
  3. I'm not going to include emailed comments because I don't want to try and figure out which email came before which comment and what actual numbers would be for the purpose of the random number generator.
  4. Please only comment once or it will mess up my generator. If you need to say something else, just email me.
  5. If you comment on this post, you are entered. Do so at your own risk. If you get selected, I expect you will do this. Hey, if I can do it, any of ya'll can. :o)

Okay. There you have it. I'll have the contest end on March 31st at 11:59 pm EST. Yes, I realize the next day will be April Fool's day. Kind of ironic, but I will not be using it to get out of my contractual obligations. :o)

6 chocolate lovers:

Alexandra said...

I love free homemade stuff! You crack me up!

Missy said...

Woohoo! I can't wait to see what crazy stuff you come up with. Maybe you can make your own Guacamole Youtube video complete with recipe and Stinker sporting a huge mustache!

b-rad said...

I love your crafts, and I would love to get one. Anything you make for me would be much appreciated. LAAF!

SeekerofGrace said...

Just under the radar!! I love your blog, and can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Maybe it's the green M&Ms.... hmnnn....

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea - can't wait to see what you send out to your 5! (Do you scrapbook at all? I like to scrapbook/decoupage picture frames)

Thanks for visiting my blog! (And I laughed at the stalker comment!)

Amy

Melisa said...

Hi there, Amy! I hope things are going well for your family in OK. I hope Leann didn't deny knowing me. ;o)

I will not be making anything as cute and adorable as what you described. Decou-what? ;o) Having said that, I would love to give you one of what I am making. I know you guys are going through a lot right now, so I in no way expect you to do your own post. But if you want one of my creations, sorry excuse for a craft though it may be, I'd love to send you one. Just give me your email so we can work on the details. It is linked on my profile if you need it.

Hugs and blessings to you dear!