Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The real deal

Apparently you aren't notified when your child gets punched when your child doesn't actually get punched. Sigh.

So, today, after yet another discussion of what happened, and after questioning details that were changing this morning, I found out that Roo bumped his eye on the bus window when another kid accidentally bumped him and it only FELT like Q had punched him. Argh.

I spent the morning trying to do damage control with the teacher. Thankfully I caught her before Q was talked to. It would have been a really difficult apology if Roo had to go and tell him sorry.

Oh, the joys of children. Any thoughts on punishment? Obviously he has to apologize to his teacher. And I talked to him about how Q could have gotten in trouble because of his lie. He feels really bad and has been crying. Do I need to do something more to drive the point home? Or is apologizing to the teacher enough?? And where is the manual for this kind of thing?!

8 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

Sounds like he got the point to me.... and you did the right thing. When you find the manual...

Croft Family said...

To me it sounds like he understands. Maybe when he gets home you should ask him about the apology and then let it go. I want a copy of that manual when you find it.

Cindy said...

I think that apologizing to the teacher is enough. Usually having to apologize to an adult is such a humiliating scary experience that kids will do anything not to have to do it again.

Mamapierce said...

How frustrating. I am sorry.

Becky said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job. Though, wouldn't it be kind of fun to get in an all out brawl with Q's mother? Just for the fun of it. Did you know there's a Star Trek character named Q.?

Robyn said...

I agree that it sounds like he has learned his lesson. Good think you didn't squirt that lemon in the Q's eyes. Now that would have been some major damage control! :)_

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good job, Mom. Now, about that manual...

Eran said...

This is where I can say that I really feel your pain and the sad thing is that it doesn't get easier. Appologizing to the teacher is probably the best punishment there is for this type of situation. The only other punishment (which really isn't a punishment) is I have them talk to our pastor about honesty, being sinful, etc. That always works amazingly well... it is very difficult for them to own up to the person they look up to the most. Good luck... I think you did a great job!! And yes, if you find the manual... send a copy this way... I have a budding teenager on my hands... ugh!