Thursday, March 12, 2009

One of those days...

I have, sitting in my Inbox, the kid survery for both my boys. I did it on Sunday. I still haven't posted it. Oy.

Today was a bit brutal. Roo didn't have school due to conferences, but we did go to the doctor's office before my kettlebell class. It was a bit rushed. And we were locked out of the room for kettlebell and the CD was swiped. I should have taken that for a sign. Kettlebell isn't as fun when there is no thumping music! Jamo had a half-day so he came home soon after kettlebell. Stinker wouldn't nap since the boys were home during her nap time. How can she be expected to miss out on all of the fun?

Then I had Jamo's parent/teacher conference. I won't go on and on about how amazing he is, but I will say that I am so impressed that my 1st grader is capable of reading 3rd grade material. Okay, I'm done bragging now. While I tried to talk to the teacher, Stinker destroyed the classroom to the best of her ability. 2 yr old + highly stimulating environment = mom with headache. I didn't actually get a headache, I just thought that was funny. But the poor teacher looked like she was getting one. :o)

Back at home, the boys got in a fight and Jamo threw a trashcan at Roo. Wow. That was completely unnecessary. Yeesh. Meanwhile, Stinker was tired and crabby as all get out. Whining, hollering, demanding, etc.

I went to the basement to do laundry and beg for mercy. I came back up and Stinker was AWOL. Found her in her bed with the blanket on. It was super late for a nap, but I couldn't mentally handle the thought of waking her up and dealing with the crabbiness. It is called 'survival parenting'. You know you are doing something you shouldn't, but you are just trying to get through the moment. She only slept an hour, but her mood improved considerably. That and I ordered pizza. All is well in the world. All but the 5 loads of laundry that need folding.

9 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Sometimes you just accept when the naps come! ha ha! :o)

Trisha said...

I had parent teacher conference and pizza tonight as well. :) However, I only managed to get 2 loads of laundry done today. I haven't even put a dent in it.

Victoria :) said...

I am soo guilty of letting Trev take naps at inappropriate times...but you know what? It saves my sanity and somehow he still sleeps at night.
Don't ya just hate house work? It never ends. Sigh...

Dunstan Family said...

sounds like .... I was going to say fun but i usally just end up crying on those days. I am sorry..

Steph said...

I am definitely a Survival Parent! I don't know how you do it Melisa. I would go nuts with out Geoff around to help pick up the slack!

Cindi said...

Wowzy, what a day. Survival parenting...is that what it's called when you bribe them with Krispy Kremes ??

Becky said...

Who said laundry needs to be folded? They only do that at the store so you can see more quickly what it is you are buying. In a drawer, na, it's going to get wrinkled and slobbered on soon enough, why take the time to make it look like it just came from the store. No need to fool ourselves on that point.
O.k., I do fold my cloths but I still don't like it.

Julie said...

Isn't letting everyone get their clothes out of a laundry basket instead of a drawer part of survival parenting? I wouldn't wake mine up from odd naptimes either. I would just end up suffering for it.

Joy said...

Ahhh survival parenting- we've all been there! You have to pick your battles and I'm with you- let a sleeping child sleep!!