Friday, March 27, 2009

Making lemonade


My sweet bloggy friend Nicole gave me a thoughtful award. It is the Lemonade award. And yes, lemonade is my favorite drink next to rootbeer or ice water, so I was pretty happy to get it! Plus, it is also the first award I have won without Brad's help. :o) It is for people who can make lemonade from lemons. Cute, huh! This is what she wrote in my nomination:

"M&M's- This is a new bloggy friend of mine. She's witty, she's a talented writer, and she continually makes me laugh out loud. She seems to have some really bizarre things happen to her, but she has a good attitude and finds the humor through it all."

While the thought of being considered a talented writer had ME laughing out loud, I can't deny that my life is full of the bizarre. I am so glad someone else is laughing with me.

Having said that, my last award didn't go so well and my ladies (you know who you are!) declined to continue the awarding. So, I thought I would try something else entirely. Besides, how in the world can I pick just 5?! I'm turning it over to you guys to come up with my nominations. List as many as you want. I'd love to read the blogs that you guys find inspiring and positive. You might want to leave them a comment and tell them you gave them an award though, so they don't wonder where all the new hits are coming from. No stalking! KIDDING! You don't need to leave me a comment, just add their blog to the Mr Linky and he'll put it up for you. If you want to leave me a comment to let me know why you nominated them, that would be nice, but not required. You can ignore where Mr Linky says to leave one. I don't know how to take that off.

Come on! Go tell those bloggers you love that you appreciate their Lemonade! I know it says, "your name" and "your url" but just put up the name and URL of the person you are nominating. Unless you want to nominate yourself, and I'm cool with that too. :o)

12 chocolate lovers:

The Melo's said...

this post just says so much;)

--Leann-- said...

ha ha... the blog I was going to nominate is already nominated.

will have to think of a different one to Linky. But not until after lunch. or dinner. or after the children are in bed.

The Melo's said...

Yes, all new meaning. I hope you are having a good day!

Melisa said...

Leann, it must be a popular blog. You should share why it was nominated by some random anonymous person. :o)

Trisha said...

THe perfect award for you girl!

Becky said...

The one I put down is my sister in law's mother who I've only met a few times, very funny lady: The world is Better because of this feaking blog.

Melisa said...

Becky, that was soooo funny!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the award :) I have to admit my jaw often drops from the events in your life... I mean come on who steals a for sale sign? There are some weird people in this world, but you must be a wierd person magnet :)

Rachel said...

Oh and I love your new little quote with the award- "When life gives you lemons... go laugh at Melisa" We love ya Melisa!

Melisa said...

Rachel, I was thinking "chaos magnet" but after the phone call from the inmate, weird person magnet is probably true too.

If I can't laugh at the ridiculous things in my life, I'd probably end up crying. ;o) If other people can laugh at me too, all the better.

SeekerofGrace said...

LOL, you got me. Yeah, I totally commented last time before I realized it meant I had to DO something... I keep meaning to post it on my blog, but this week is a bit nuts. Am I off the hook, then? ;)

Robyn said...

Had I known there was such an award, you would've been my girl. You're wonderful!