Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hodge podge

Here is the good news:

I have figured out what I will be making for my 5 people. And yes, it will actually be cute. I can guarantee cuteness. That doesn't mean you will like it, but I PROMISE you will think it is cute. And no, I didn't use any of your suggestion(s). While a guacamole video featuring Stinkerbell would indeed be cute, I don't know that I could resist eating said guacamole before finishing a video. And now I'm craving pico de gallo. DANG!

So, because I no longer need suggestions or moral support, the contest will be over tomorrow at 11:59 pm instead. :o) Therefore, if you are debating whether you want to be subjected to a craft made by Melisa, you'd better decide quick. I had to unfortunately disqualify Brad. He doesn't have a blog to complete the requirements. Lest you all scream "FOUL!", I assure you that Brad will get his very own cute craft and it will be different from the winners. At this point, I could have 1 more person sign up and all of you would be getting your craft. If no one else signs up, well then, I got away easy, didn't I. :o)

And in another bit of good news for those so interested, I got a dozen new pictures up on Cookie. They are more from NM and 1 of Abigail looking shockingly cute. :o)

Ready for the bad news? Sorry, I don't have any. But I do have a quick story to share. It seemed blog worthy this morning, but less so as the day has worn on (and on and on and on). I got the boys up earlier than usual this morning. I was hoping to avoid resorting to my usual routine of yelling at them to hurry up 20 times and literally dragging them from their beds. It worked like a charm. I told them to get up once and they were up and getting dressed within the minute. I went downstairs with Stink to get her started eating and WWIII broke out upstairs. There was weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Jamo had pushed Roo for lying. Roo denied having lied. I went to sort out the mess and it all started because Roo was wearing some pants that Jamo wanted. Jamo insisted they were not in the drawer when he was picking out clothes last night. I told him I knew they weren't in the drawer because Roo picked out his clothes first. "No he didn't! He got them out of the basket in your room!" "The only clothes in baskets in my room are my dirty clothes. All the clean ones are put away." He didn't believe me. How sad that my kids don't comprehend me putting away clean clothes. Sigh. Anyway, Jamo continued to sob in his undies for probably another 10 minutes. We were thankfully still on time to school, but that is only because I'd gotten them up early enough for such a buffer. I'd intended to use the buffer to avoid yelling hurry up, but that didn't happen. Because the buffer was spent trying to reason with the unreasonable, I still ended up yelling at them to hurry up. I'm glad tomorrow is a new day to try again.

4 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

I guess it's rough when your boys wear the same size in clothes, eh?

coxandroberts said...

There isn't a morning my kids aren't fighting. They are driving me crazy. And it doesn't end when they leave the house for the bus. Damon got mad at Angie for saying he wasn't wearing green on St. Patricks day so he tackled her to the ground and hit her. You would think the older they are the better it gets. Nope. It only has gotten worse. You have my sympothy!

Laurie said...

I would enter your contest, but that would mean I'd have to make something and I can barely make it through the day - never mind trying to add craft stress to it. My ideas are all copied and not crafted.

Oh yes, we have yelling and fighting at our house daily too - I'm very sorry to say. It's good to know we're all in the same types of challenges. I barely get clothes into drawers either. Basket of towels has been sitting out all week.

Rachel said...

Well, it was a good thought and great effort. Hopefully today you were able to avoid another WW :)