Tuesday, June 9, 2009

When it rains AND it pours...

Yeah, so lots of fun in the Monster Maison these days. Good news is that I have internet as of this morning. :o) I am finally caught up on emails and Facebook, but I still have about 600 posts in my reader that I haven't looked at yet. Sigh.

I've been experiencing progressively worse knee pain lately. I know I've mentioned it before, but it is really getting out of hand. I limp everywhere now. Yesterday I decided to fight it and get some stuff done. Oh, what a joke. First, I "borrowed" my neighbor's internet so I could find some addresses of errands I needed to run. Then I went to Hallmark to find postcards for the boys to send to their classes. Hallmark doesn't carry Philadelphia postcards. But, the mail place 4 doors down did. Plus, it saved me from driving to the post office. 2 yr olds in any kind of store = ugh. I made it out without her breaking anything.

Then I got to wait in the AT&T store for 30 minutes so I could get a Philly number. Sugar was being anything but sweet. Oh, that girl! At one point she kept saying 'potty' so I asked one of the workers and she said, "we don't have a public bathroom, so I'll have to ask my manager" and then continued to talk to the customer. I finally grabbed Sugar, ran (as much as I could with my knee) to the manager and said, "Where is your bathroom for a 2 yr old emergency?" Notice, I didn't exactly give them option. I get Sugar on the potty, and she says 'done' without 'doing' anything. ARGH. Potty training is SOOOOO over-rated! Finally, it was my turn to be helped and I'm told I need to do it over the phone. GRRR....

Getting gas should be free of problems, but of course, the printer wasn't working at my pump and it said I needed to go inside. Like I'm going to drag 3 wild kids into a store with candy near lunch time, no thanks. Nor was I willing to leave them alone in the car while I went in. I left without a receipt. This was almost painful for me with my meticulous record keeping, but I just couldn't deal with the other options.

Then I decided to brave going to the bank. *shudder* I will say though, the bank personnel were AMAZING. They gave my kids all kinds of distractions, including Popsicles, and didn't seem even the slightest bit annoyed. I will be opening an account there soon. I was very impressed. They even told me where I could find a mail receptacle for the post cards.

But the real fun was that evening when I got a call from my realtor that the backyard was flooded. What a helpless feeling that is! I pretty much spent the next hour and a half trying to find someone who could help my realtor get the water out of the backyard and fix the sump. I guess the entire system floated out of the ground because it wasn't weighted down enough. Oops. The water got into the house too. So I called Neysa and since she is super strong and has a super strong hubby, they were able to move the furniture out of the water. It wasn't standing water, the carpet was just wet. Either way, bad to have furniture sitting in it...

Then I was on the phone forever this morning with water restoration people, the guy that is fixing the yard, my realtor, making my ortho appointment, etc. I think I have burned through half of my cell phone minutes in 2 days. At least I think everything is taken care of for now. I hope.

Oh, I looked up our home online after Sarah's comment. It was built in, drum roll please..... 1860. This house is almost 150 years old. So, fine, it isn't older than the discovery of electricity, but it is still old. :o)

I'll probably post again before my knee appointment. Now that I have internet and all. :o) And here are some pictures of Sugar's closet, I mean, room:


We squeezed in her crib for her baby dolls and yes, that is my wedding dress

The bookcase, dresser and wardrobe

this is the whole room...

yes, I realize the wardrobe takes up her entire room, but it needed to be
big enough for Sugar's clothes and all of the linens. Sheesh.

14 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

That totally stinks about the water. What can be done about it to prevent it happening again?

Becky said...

150 years old?! Wow! Have you ever seen the movie Money Pit? Anyway, good luck with all of that, oh, and if you haven't seen the movie, don't.

Trisha said...

On the bright side, you can have her room cleaned in no time!

nicole said...

Good luck with all the moving chaos! I can totally relate, I'm in the same boat. ;)

Dion said...

"Controlled" clutter! Hard to accumulate stuff when you can't set it down...

I wanted to say Hi!

Jenn said...

Wow that sucks!

Unknown said...

Girl, you DO have a lot going on! Keep your chin up! Thinking about you and sending happy thoughts your way!

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Your m&m doesn't have hair anymore ... is she so stressed out from moving, she's pulled it all out? Is she going bald?

Hang in there ... only 3 years left!

Smart Helm said...

Just wanted to wish u good luck. When it rains it certainly pours! (or in ur case, floods)

They shore don't make houses like they used to and aren't we all glad?

Rachel said...

Yeah for internet! Haley is hoping to see soem new pics of Calet soon ;)

Jennifer said...

I will never, ever, ever complain again. You trump us all! Surely it will get better soon. And you are AMAZING for toting your kids to all those places! Now you know you can do ANYTHING!

Jessi said...

OMGoodness! Glad to see you "up and running" again. I'm SO sorry to hear (and see) what's been going on in Philly. While we don't seem to be as stretched for space, I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze one more baby (and all accompanying gear) into our car and house. ;-)

((HUGS)) and prayers that things get better.

Anonymous said...

You deserve SOOOO many M&M's after this. Hope it all gets better quickly. Next time my husband says we don't have enough room, I am going to show him your picture.

Good luck girl!

Victoria :) said...

Wow! That is quite a day! Whew it's over and you made it! So your house was built in the 1800's?! 5 minutes from our house is downtown Mckinney - which was established in the 1800's. The homes in the area are beautiful and typically if there is an "open house" I will walk through and act like I am interested in buying. I love to tour through old homes. They definitely are not practical for living though! Makes you wonder how people managed back in the day! ;o)