Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to the biggest fan of my blog there is! I love you, daddy!

My dad is absolutely wonderful. One of my favorite memories of his kindness was when I was in high school. I am not a fan of cold and snow, and I woke up one morning to a car covered in snow. But by the time I got out to the car after getting ready, he had scraped off the ice and snow and had it heated up for me. What a guy! And without fail, every time I get to go home to NM for a visit, he makes sure the house is stocked with chips and salsa and the fixings for breakfast burritos. Maybe he always has that stuff there, but truthfully, I think he does it just for me. :o) I love you, daddy! And I know you check this blog every single day, so I'm sure you will get this!

Brad's dad is also great! He saved my sanity when we moved out to Philly. He arrived Friday night and helped get everything loaded into the van on Saturday morning. Between his dad and all of our help from our church friends, we had the van completely loaded before Brad even got there! He drove the van out to Philly and was going to stay an extra day or two to help us settle in. But when he saw the condition of the house, he changed his flight and stayed 5 extra days! I was so very grateful for his help! He was amazing and I can't thank him enough for his help! I'm sure he'll be grateful to know that next time we move, we are hiring it out! :o) We are so grateful for you and love you bunches! (I don't know if you read this blog or not, but I thought I'd tell you anyway!)

We also really love our Papa Lee. It was great when we lived in OK and could go visit Brad's mom and hubby. The boys would spend the night there once a month and they looked forward to it every time. He had the coolest model airplanes. We had so much fun going to the field and watching him fly some around. We sure love him!

My family really is the best. I've never seen such an energetic grandpa like my Grandpa Roberts. When we were in Europe, he was going everywhere with the rest of us! Climb Mt. Etna? Sure! Vesuvius? No problem. Tour Pompeii? Why not! He still goes 4-wheeling and is extremely active. He is hard to slow down! I treasure the time I get to spend with him. My dad's father died when I was pretty young, so I didn't get to know him as well as I would have liked. However, my uncles are so kind and loving and I'm grateful to be in their family.

I am the luckiest lady on the planet because I'm the one that gets to call Brad Mons my husband. I am constantly amazed with his consideration, kindness, patience, intelligence, abilities, optimism, and great looks. :o) The kids hang all over him the moment he steps in the door until the minute they fall asleep. He truly personifies, "let the little ones come unto me." There is nothing he would rather do than be with his family and we feel that. We know that his job won't always let him be with us when we wants to be, but we know that we are still his first priority. That is an amazing thing to feel when you are married to someone with a surgeon's time demands. I love you, Bradley, and I am grateful every day that I get to live with you again after 7 long months. Thank you for being that man, husband, and father you are. LOVE YOU!

2 chocolate lovers:

Unknown said...

Gotta love all of these amazing men! Hope your family enjoyed Father's Day! :O)

KC said...

awwwwwwwww....Ditto your response to my "Father's Day Blog"

We are ...two very lucky women!

And hey...so Josh is a HUGE Philadelphia Eagles fan. He always has been, b/c he was born in Philly.
He's only been there once, (but it was for a funeral of a very close, close friend) but he's wanted to go back to visit.

If we do, and your still there, we should have dinner!! (or lunch, or whatever other obscure reason to get together!)
:)