Friday, June 12, 2009

At long last

My poor mom has been hinting for weeks about how patiently she has been waiting for pictures. She now has a super long slide show and 2 videos to keep her busy. :o) They are on Cookie, of course. Let me know if you need an invite. I know I haven't posted anything on there since April, but it does still exist. hee hee

The doctor's appointment went okay this morning. He took an X-ray and that came out fine. He said there was 32 yr old wear and tear. I said, "Wow, that is great since I am 32." He grimaced and shook his head no and repeated, "wear and tear." I play racquetball for crying out loud. Of course there is wear and tear! But he wasn't happy about it for some reason. Then he asked if I had a family history of arthritis. Why, yes, in fact, my mother has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was 19. "I see. And how are your wrists and ankles?" Truthfully, not that great, but I've learned to deal. "I see. We need to get some blood work done on you, just to be safe. And I'm ordering an MRI." Gotcha. Once I got the knee brace he prescribed, my knee felt a ton better. I can't believe it worked so quickly! Maybe I should have bought one sooner...

The big problem with the MRI being that the first available MRI appointment was at 8:30 PM and the blood lab closes at 7 PM, so I would need 2 sitters. I had already used Linda and her kind hubby that morning for the X-ray. My resident wife friends work full time. I've even had Brad's fellow residents volunteer to watch my kids, but they obviously weren't available during the day. I know. I'm very very blessed to have so many options in a brand new town. Then my sweet friend Katie, the one who had us for dinner our first day here, asked if we were available for a playdate this afternoon. So, I asked her if she could please watch the kids and we could do the playdate after. She is so awesome. My kids had a blast at Linda's this morning. They loved Katie this afternoon. They tried to send me away and keep Wendy last week. I'm such a lucky girl to know so many amazing women already.

The blood draw was the best one I've had. Why? Because Brad happened to be at that same hospital today. hee hee! I got pretty lucky because it isn't the one he is assigned to these 2 months. So, while I had the needle in my arm, he came by and stayed with me. Not that I'm afraid of needles or blood draws, I've had plenty in my life, he just wanted to be with me. :o) Afterwards, we stopped and had a blackberry and white chocolate scone in the lobby. I sure love being with him. With 3 wild kids and his crazy surgery schedule, we don't often make it over to visit him in the hospital, so it was really fun to see him in his element. I even left him a note on his windshield, complete with lipstick kiss, after I left. He is amazing and I love being married to him. And I love living with him. What a blessing that is after 7 long months! What a man!

6 chocolate lovers:

nicole said...

Aww, what a sweet wifey you are? I think those little things are what keeps a marriage strong! Way to be romantic! :) I'm glad you guys finally get to be together again!

Sarah C said...

You are so sweet.
I am glad you are feeling better.

Mamapierce said...

Good luck with all these medical appointments. I hope there's good news around the corner!

coxandroberts said...

You sound so much better. Yay! I am so glad you are there and able to do such sweet stuff. I need an invite if it is okay.

brad said...

I am one of the luckiest men on this planet! Thanks for loving me so much!

KC said...

I would love an invite to see your pictures of your lil cuties!
(if you don't mind) :)