Thursday, June 25, 2009

Seriously?!

Apparently I greatly misjudged the need for Handipoints. What are you all using that you don't need this amazing system?!? Our chore system was a mess before this. I'm setting my mom up with an account! That's how good it is! Want to blog? That will cost you 5 points. Check on Facebook? 5 points. LOL! (Don't get any ideas, Brad) Okay, so maybe you don't want your own chore chart, but for the love you have got to at least look at it for your kids! You don't have to comment. You don't have to compete for the upgrade. You don't even have to tell me. I'm trying to make your lives easier here, people! Give it a try. Okay, passionate speech over.

Life has been nutty here. Still dealing with a flooded basement in the MI house. Yeesh.
Was given a shorter than hoped for life expectancy with Lex Luther. Ugh.
Got to spend an hour at physical therapy today. Ouch.

Sugar decided that the stairs make a perfectly good potty. I don't get it. I'm really at a loss. She has been totally completely night and day potty trained since what Feb or Mar, and within the last week or so she decided she likes to pee and poop on stairs. At least once a day, sometimes twice. She doesn't pee in her pants. Nope, she takes those right off. She'll pee on the stairs in front of the potty. I don't get it. I just don't get it.

And to end with happy news, the Stove from the Bog of Eternal Stench has left the building. And I took pictures. Of the kitchen too. I know no one on here is judging, so ignore the mess. I still don't know where to put half the stuff. Oh, and a couple of pictures of the monsters are on Cookie, if you are so inclined.

Buh-bye!
Hoggle: And you wouldn't be so brave if you'd ever smelled the
STOVE of Eternal Stench. It's, it's...
Sarah: Is that all it does, is smell?
Hoggle: Oh, believe me, that's enough! But the worst thing is, if you so much as set a foot near the STOVE of Eternal Stench, you'll smell bad for the rest of your life. It'll never wash off.
Myyy PRECIOUSSS. Don't call me Gollum.
That's it. See those itty bitty counters on either side of the sink. Squint a little.
Yeah, those little things. Those are my counters.
The portable dishwasher is the biggest counter space we have. Seriously.
That other counter is entirely taken up by the microwave and 2 spice racks. Sigh.
I had to keep my fridge. It is the best part of the kitchen.
I feel bad that I have to use its top for storage again. But a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do.

9 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

Yea! A new stove. Is there any way a THIN island could fit in there? Ikea has some cheaper ones. I can't really tell how much space is in the center.

And for what it's worth, I've seen worse. :)

Unknown said...

We lived in house that counter space that, it was soooo difficult! We moved from that house to the house we are in now....tons of counter space! Just know, it's not forever! ;o) AND YAY FOR THE NEW STOVE!!!!! How exciting. You can cook again!

I am so sorry you have stair pottier. I hope it's just a VERY short phase. :O)

Hope that PT starts to help that poo knee!

Anonymous said...

Yes, please let stair pottying be a VERY short phase.

One observation: It came to my mind when I was reading about your stinky stove...

Did this start when you moved in, or was it a problem from before? Also, the person from before must not have cooked...Or was incredibly stinky (and therefore didn't smell the stove)--

How could anyone not notice this problem before???

You're kitchen isn't bad...it's definitely packed, but I too have seen much worse.

Jessi said...

Your new stove is beautiful! How wonderful it must be to add variety back into your meals and give your microwave and toaster oven a break. *wink*

Oh, YIKES, you weren't kidding about the counter space. Is there a way to add some shelving above where the portable dishwasher is housed?

And just remember, this is temporary...it's just an opportunity to exercise your creativity muscles. *wink*

Smart Helm said...

Hey now, if I had kids I'd probably love that web site but since I really don't want to regulate MY behavior.... (the one enjoyment I get out of being single.. doing WHATEVER I want :-)

That is a tiny kitchen! As my grandmother would say, a "one bum kitchen". Good luck! (If u ever need a break, fly to Vegas and u can stay at my house.. I have bedrooms and beds!)

Unknown said...

i like how the PT is mentioned after Lex Luthor's life expectancy. too bad there's no PT for cars. Ours lost its driver side indoor handle yesterday (I guess I don't know my own strength!) yup, the cheapest one we can find is $50..for a door handle!
My parents always used the top of the fridge as storage for the toys we weren't allowed to play with for a while.

Mamapierce said...

You might take the spices out of the rack and put them somewhere else to free up some more space for you. Just a thought. Nice stove! Did you have to pay for it? (hope not!) A thought about Sugar's potty trend, she's still adjusting to your new house. Even when children are fully potty trained, they tend to go back a bit when something major occurs, like moving. Try to have some patience with her - perhaps bring out the old charts you may have used with her to help her become potty trained in the beginning. Good luck!

Dion said...

Your refrigerator looks to be gloating at the rest of the room. Kind of like "you poor, commoners."

KC said...

haha...laughing at the Labyrinth reference. My brothers and sisters use that often as well.

Sugar, reminds me of the babe.
The babe with the power.
The power of doo doo.
Who do?
She doo....on the stairs, apparently.

Don't judge.
I'm bored at work.