Sunday, April 5, 2009

It happened again, only weirder

Remeber this little nugget of fun? Well, here we go again!


Brad is on call this weekend. I got to talk to him a little this morning and he mentioned a big surgical case coming up this afternoon. I wished him luck and told him I would talk to him later. I am pretty tired after a lack of sleep last night, so I was on the couch taking a nap while my SugarPea was taking her nap.

I was roused from my nap by the phone ringing.

"Hello?"
"Hi, did you call Brad's phone?" (male voice this time)
"Uh, what?" (I'm still groggy and trying to figure out if he meant 'is this Brad's phone' or what was going on since I know I didn't call Brad)
"Are you trying to reach Brad?" (light bulb comes on in my head)
"Oh! My kids must have tried to call him. Is he in surgery?"
"Yes, he is all scrubbed in."
"I'm sorry for the trouble."
"No problem."

I then told the boys this wasn't a good time to be calling daddy. Obviously, I can't fault them for wanting to talk to him. They didn't know he had surgery this afternoon. Oh, the joys.

4 chocolate lovers:

Des said...

haha I like how you put the previous post so I could catch up. Man what it would be like to be married to a surgeon...it reminds me of Greys. Surgeons are superstars now because of that show.

SeekerofGrace said...

Wow... That's too funny. Hope you catch up on sleep soon (me too!) I just had to comment next so you'd have two comments by two "Desiree"s in a row! :o) I used to spell mine Desarae when I waitressed in high school so people would know how to pronounce it! ;)

Joy said...

That's funny! Too bad your nap was interrupted!

Katie L said...

That's a story you can tell to their girlfriends some day! Sorry you missed out on a good nap!