Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad milestone

Maybe "bad" is the wrong word I'm looking for. Today is 6 months since Brad moved away. Yeesh. That is half of a year! I think it goes without saying that this wasn't part of my plan. :o)

In happy news, Sugar made it through another night dry. She didn't do #2 yesterday, so I put her in a pull-up to go to the Y just to be safe. She did awesome though and told the child care lady she needed to go. Yup, she did both. That's my girl! So, now that I think she is officially, officially done, I have a question. I have quite a few pull-ups that I plan to use at night, just because I have them. I suppose I could sell them, but I would probably lose money on that. I could put one on her in the mornings to go to the Y, but I don't think she needs them. And it seems wasteful. I suppose I have them to waste since I have nothing else to do with them, but I guess I'd rather use them at night. I know the child care people would be more comfortable if she were wearing pull-ups, but that shouldn't really factor in, should it? Anyway, just wondering if you guys had any thoughts about this situation.

9 chocolate lovers:

Rebecca said...

Yea for Calet! I would just use them at the Y and nighttime. You never know when she could have an accident and the Y may not be quick enough to help her. Like I know what I am talking about-I don't! just some thoughts!

coxandroberts said...

After Heather was done potty training I just gave them to a friend. Otherwise, she would see them and want to wear them again. I didn't want her to go backwards so I had to get them out of sight and out of mind. Isn't it nice to be done?!!!

Rachel said...

I would just keep around for special occasions that you may not want to have to stress. Like a family outing that you'll be gone all day or travelling a lot. I wouldn't put Calet in pull ups to go to the Y though. It's only 1 hour. Just make sure she has some clothes to change into if an accident does occur.

brad said...

Way to go, SugarPea! Way to go, SweetPea!

Des said...

That is awesome! no more diapers!!!
We still have pull-ups for Syd. I use them when we go visit other places and stay overnight. Even though it is rare that she pee's the bed, I dont want it to be in the strangers bed. ?? I don't know. diapers are like gold! if you have a ton maybe sell em, I don't think you would loose to much money?? hum. sorry not much help.

Dunstan Family said...

haha I guess I better get on the whole potty TRAIN!! Sariah can do it I am so lazy when it comes to this... oh welll yay for Calet

Sara said...

I obviously haven't had this situation yet, but I don't think you should feel obligated to put her in a pull up at the Y. I have worked with 3 year olds at church a lot and have done my fair share of cleaning up both kinds of accidents - part of taking care of kids!!

Congrats!!

Alexandra said...

Congrats on being finished with diapers! We were really starting to work on that ourselves, but 14 hour car trips, moving, and other fun things have made us decide to put this off until later. We are going up to Michigan for a week and a half and are leaving Grant with Nana, maybe we will come home and he will be potty trained, hehe, that's how my sister got into her big girl britches!

Joy said...

Hooray for potty training!! Way to go Mom! It's not easy- I say use them for your convenience, you've earned it!