Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wildfire

My mom is a private person and as such, doesn't like her life broadcast to the world. But the poor lady has me for a daughter, and I have a desire to live openly.

My mom has been diagnosed with lymphoma. It is a treatable kind and her diagnosis is very good. She is the strongest person I know and I have no doubt that she has a lot of fight in her.

I respect her desire to live a private life. I am only posting this because I felt it would be better coming from me directly than coming second hand from various sources. The internet can be a wildfire and news travels quickly. I wouldn't want my dear friends to find out from someone other than me.

11 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

Yes, she does have you for a daughter... and that doesn't make her poor by any means! She's in my prayers. Love ya!

Bea said...

Praying for you and your mom!

James and Lesley said...

Melisa, I am sorry to hear that, your family is in our thoughts and strong prayers…

I am the same way about an Open Life! I think it keeps us younger Moms real…! Feel no regret, your Husband is miles away, this is your support system. Love & Prayers

Mamapierce said...

What is Lymphoma?

Rebecca said...

I am sorry to hear that. Let me know if you need any help yourself!

Jessi said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis...be comforted knowing that God is holding her is His hands....you and your family are in my prayers.

And I'm with Trisha, you are a wonderful woman, daughter, and friend...making your mom "rich" beyond all measure.

Jilly Bean said...

Oh Melisa, I'm so sorry to hear. It sounds like her prospects are very good. That is a comfort, I'm sure. Good luck to you and her.

Smart Helm said...

Your Mother was both my sister and my VT one summer and during the MANY moons I was job hunting in NM. She was an AWESOME VT. I was blessed to have been able to get to know her better.

Good luck to her!

Side Note: I've been lurking on ur blog for a little while through Dave and Sarah(nee Christensen)'s blog

Crystal said...

Hey Lisa, I've been reading your blog for a little bit, too. This seems like an appropriate time to confess that.

Hope your mom is doing well. She's an incredible lady.

Sara said...

We'll be praying for you guys!

Victoria :) said...

Oh Melisa, I am so sorry to hear this. I love you and your mom so much. She is such an awesome lady and I know she will fight this with all she's got as that is the kind of lady she is. Please let her know my thoughts and prayers are with her as well as your family. Love you!