Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally!

Yeah! I finally got some pictures up! The house is done! Okay, not completely, but mostly. We'll just ignore the fact that the study, basement and garage are disasters. I am only one person and can only do so much. The only reason I got as much done as I did is because of all the help! Thanks! I really appreciate everyone who came for a day or even an hour to help. Kate, my dear, I owe you big time. You came over almost every day for 3 weeks and even brought Paul to join in the fun. :) Rachel, none of this would have happened without you taking Stinker so often. I think you saw her more than I did this week. And last week... I hope you know how much easier it made my life not having her getting into everything while I was painting, spackling, nailing, or whatever.

Are you ready to hear my ingenious idea for keeping Stinker's diapers on? I put one piece, footed pajamas on her backwards. There is no way she can get in there. But in reality, this was probably someone else's idea and I just didn't listen the first time. It is saving me a lot of duct tape. :) This wouldn't work great in the summer. Or during the day. But her problem time is at night so it is a great solution for us.

We need Brad back. Jamo just got on the phone with Brad and said, "What's your name? Is this really daddy?" Sad. :(

Okay, that is my update for the day. I'm putting the slides on the cookie blog very soon. Halloween pictures may or may not be up tomorrow. I didn't really have time to think about costumes, so I let the kids go through our dress up box and come up with something. And I didn't get to go to their schools to take pictures because I couldn't be at both schools at the same time. That and I had the photographer here... I couldn't decorate for the holiday either because I didn't want the pictures on the listing to be dated by having Halloween decor. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

5 chocolate lovers:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

You're back! YAY! I felt so alone the last few weeks. I forgive you. Seriously, I'm very proud of all the work you were able to accomplish and having special friends there to help is awesome.

Mamapierce said...

That is so sad about Jaden. I can relate - I miss Anna so much!

Becky said...

That diaper problem is the reason I dreaded moving out of onesies and into separates. You know after all this remodeling stuff you could probably go into business :) I'm sorry I even brought that up, you're probably screaming at me right now for even mentioning it.

Victoria :) said...

You have got to be so relieved to be done! Oh my gosh, just thinking about all that work makes my head spin!

amberd. said...

good job melisa! Do you not feel so relieved right now? when do you move girl?