Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My first poll

I posted my first poll about blogs and music. I have found that I need to keep my sound off on my laptop because so many blogs are playing music at once and then I can't listen to what I had on. Am I the only one experiencing this? I'm totally not complaining. I get that blogs are our own place to do what we want, say what we want, and express what we want. I wouldn't want to squash people's expression. But is there a happy medium? Like not having the music on auto-play or something? Am I the only one even thinking about this?

Okay, I have some totally exciting news I'm going to be posting tomorrow, so check back. :)

6 chocolate lovers:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I know you can pause the music, but I don't know of a way to let people decide if they want it played or not.

And ... exciting news? You tell me this right before I go to bed? How will I ever sleep tonight?

Brynn said...

I agree totally. Sometimes I try to check the blogs on the sly and then I get blaring music. "Yes Brian, I'm checking my blogs AGAIN."

Jenn said...

I think it's pretty annoying...I always move away from the blog as quickly as possible, or hit the mute button on my computer.

Becky said...

I'm of the this-is-so-annoying persuasion. It's nice to hear the music if I'm the one pushing play but not the other way. Half the time the volume is already pretty loud on my computer for movies, so when I'm quietly checking blogs it nearly puts me into cardiac arrest when some unexpected KISS ballad starts playing at full volume.

Benji and Aubrey said...

It's funny you should mention this...I was just thinking about it the other day.

I'm not a huge fan music-playing blogs...I guess the reason for me is because I'm usually listening to my own music and it seems like it's always the beginning of the same song that I hear on the same blogs...I always pause or mute them

Victoria :) said...

This one is directed at me cause I am one of the music offenders. I personally love music on blogs. I wish more people had it. It lightens up the mood and doesn't make sitting back and spending time reading blogs quite so dull. I also think it says a lot about someone's character - the type of music they listen to that is. So to all you that don't like it all I have to say is "Bah! Hum Bug!" to you to!