Sunday, November 30, 2008

Counting my blessings

I'm watching the Extreme Home Makeover that took place in our town here in MI. Okay, truth be told, I missed the first half, so I'm not exactly sure what happened, but this is what I think happened. A nurse at the hospital Brad used to work at died recently after contracting Hep C after getting stuck while working on a sick patient. The same thing has happened to Brad. It makes me grateful that he hasn't contracted anything as a result. It was scary enough that he had to go and get regular testing. Ugh. I know it isn't a dangerous job like firefighter, police, soldier, etc., but there is still danger involved. I try to not think about it, but it is part of the reality.

I've been spending the weekend crying because I'm not going to be able to move out to Philadelphia with Brad until our house sells or gets rented. Essentially, December is out of the picture. I was so sad to think of spending more time without him. But then I watched this show, and I couldn't even imagine being without him for the rest of my life on earth. At least I know that I'll be back with him in the near future, even if months don't seem very near right now.

3 chocolate lovers:

The Melo's said...

If you need a shoulder to cry on mine is always available!

Mamapierce said...

It's wonderful that you can see the positives when times are hard. :o)

Victoria :) said...

I watched the show tonight and I thought of you for two reasons. 1 - you told me Extreme Makeover was doing a show where you lived and 2 - I wondered if Brad worked at that hospital. I love to watch that show. It helps keep things in perpective for me - especially lately. Looks like it did the same for you tonight. Love ya!