Friday, November 7, 2008

By special request

Thanks, Nata-Leigh, for making me feel loved and missed! I never thought I could be missed after 3 days. I would have thought you'd appreciate the break. ;)

So, I'm trying to come up with some excitement to share. Hmmmm, got some boxes so I can start packing all of the clutter (Thanks Elaine!). Have only used 2 of said boxes. But I did get the toy room cleaned (AGAIN). The only room I have left to do is the study. And boy, does it need a lot of work. I keep putting it off. Naughty me. It is just going to be so miserable to do and I can't bring myself to do it after the crazy few weeks I've had. Think of your junk drawer and what a disorganized mess it is. Now imagine it being the size of a bedroom. And there you see my problem. I've spent an hour here and an hour there, but what it really needs is a lot of undivided attention and a lot of boxes to start packing all the clutter.

We haven't had so much as a nibble on the house, which might be considered a good thing until I get the study done. But, all 20 of the papers in the "Take One" box are gone. I had to make a copy and put more out there. So, if nothing else, there is at least some "silent interest" if that is even a phrase. At least 20 people were interested enough to grab a paper. We'll see how fast the next batch goes.

Stink is being a stink. She has decided to potty train herself. Every time I change her diaper, she wants to go potty, nay, INSISTS that she goes to sit on the potty. Really, I think she just likes to get out the wipes. She is going through a TP and toilet wipes phase. It is driving me a little bonkers.

I am in love with all of my new birthday stuff. My phone rocks. My purse rocks. My new bling rocks. My sunglasses rock. And by rock I mean that I love them. Even if no one else liked them, I do. A lot. I am one happy camper.

I am missing Brad tons the last few days. We got free texting this month so we could communicate at will. But with our new phones and the data plan thing, we could chat on msn messanger all day instead. All day being the rare moments he has between patients. Being the old school kinda gal that I am, I sent him this:

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

If you are too cool to recognize this song, it is Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce. Yes, I fully embrace my nerdiness. Anyhoo, I heard it in the car the other day and started crying. This being apart for weeks on end kinda stinks.

What had been intended to be a short little post has now become incredibly long. I probably should have cut it in half so I'd have something to talk about tomorrow. :)

5 chocolate lovers:

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I was totally thinking you were a poem genius until you gave credit! Thanks for posting!

Natalie said...

I too love Jim Croce and think we should start a nerdy-music-lover club! I feel your pain to a small degree; Adam and I were apart for six weeks at the end of one semester and it was the worst six weeks of my life. Hopefully, all those missing flyers will generate a bunch of post-study-cleaning interest, you'll sell your house pronto, and be reunited with your true love soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm also glad that you had a great birthday!

The Melo's said...

Sorry you are missing Brad so much! We will be back in town Thursday night, late so if you want to do something just give me a call:)

Mamapierce said...

You can text on your phone now? For real?? Can I text you when I'm back in the states????? That'd be SO AWESOME!

Missy said...

I fell in love with Jim Croce in highschool. Well, not him personally, but his music. And the idea of learning the 12 string. Though I guess I'd first have to learn the... umm... how many strings does a regular guitar have? I am so not cool.

I am praying your house sells soon! I am amazed at your single-mom skills, but I know it must stink like crazy. Give me a call if you ever just want somewhere else to be.