Monday, September 8, 2008

Y, oh Y?

The Fall classes started today at the Y. I need you Becky! We had a new instructor today. She was good, but she was no Pam. I miss the hip hop music. And the new lady just had surgery so there is a lot she can't do. It didn't feel like the work out I was used to. Oh well. Pam and I got to work on the ellipticals for 15 minutes after class, so that should count for something, right?

And then tonight I had the infamous belly dancing class that apparently no one else wants to go to. It was a little crazy. Brad said last night, "I'm not on call tomorrow so I'll be home to watch the kids so you can go." I just smiled and nodded. Home in time? Right....

He didn't make it home. I dropped Stinker off at the Tot watch, got Jamo to the kid's gym, and then took Roo to his basketball class. Yes, it is stressful having so much to do, but at least it is all in the same building, right? I had to leave half way though my belly dancing class to get Roo from his basketball class and take him to the Tot watch (he can't go to the kid's gym for 4 more weeks, when he turns 5 - and let me tell you, he is waaaay bummed). I wish I could have watched him play, but when I got back, it looked like he was really enjoying himself. He was practicing blocks, which happens to be my favorite part of basketball. :)

***Update*** Okay, I read Becky's comment about not showing skin and it cracked me up. Me, show skin?? As if! Totally would not happen. I just go in my t-shirt and work out pants, just like my cardio class. In fact the belly dancers had on more clothes than some ladies in my cardio class! Just to clarify...

5 chocolate lovers:

Becky said...

Belly Dancing?! That has to be a great ab workout. As long as one doesn't have to expose any skin and it's plethora of stretch marks I might be interested in such an exercise.
As far as aerobics goes one definitely needs a hip-hoppin' drill sargent to burn off all that stuff that doesn't stay where it should. Work it!

Deanne said...

I also tried a new class yesterday - cardio kickboxing. Slightly disappointing. It just doesn't compare to Pam's hip hoppin' routine. I'll miss her teaching, so I don't feel so bad not being able to make the morning classes anymore. I think she should start and evening class! See ya around the Y!

Debbie said...

I've learned never to get my hopes up when Richard says he'll be home at a certain time. In fact, yesterday he had a day off but that lasted until 10:30 am. He got called in for a hospital meeting then got caught up working on a didacitc presentation...we live a cruel life.

Mamapierce said...

Hooray! You've found a belly dancing class! :o)

Shell said...

Just stoppn bye to say hello! Tell Brad Hi! I have some interesting pictures to show him.. medical stuff! I want an invite to the kids pics by the way. Keep in touch!