Monday, September 22, 2008

Neglected

Before I forget, there is a new slide on the cookie blog. Mostly blurry swimming pictures, so feel free to skip (after you look at Jamo's lost tooth...). ;)

Oh, my poor little blog. Left alone and with no attention. Pobrecito!

What's our latest and greatest? Hmm, we've been busy! Monday nights I have belly dancing and Roo has soccer and basketball. Belly dancing again has been fun. I like the program here a lot. A lot more focus on technique and repetitive motions, which helps. Tuesday nights I have my 12 step program. Wednesday nights I work with the youth in my church. Thursday nights the boys have swimming lessons. If Brad isn't on call, I try to get to volleyball, but it's been awhile since I've made it out.

My cardio/strength class at the Y has definitely leaned more to the strength side. Today she made us run stairs though. Ugh. Cruel. Strength is good. I could definitely use the toning! :) I'm trying to figure out how to shower and dress at the Y and maintain some sense of modesty. That has been interesting. I bought a swimsuit to shower in. And I learned that there is just no easy way to put on jeans modestly after showering. I may have to start bringing baggy pants or pajama bottom pants to solve that problem. I have potentially found a Thursday racquetball partner. Come on, Chalae! It's fun! I would still like to go on Tuesdays, just to keep the habit of going the same time every day, but I'm not sure what I'll do yet. Maybe play racquetball (anyone? anyone?) or do some elliptical. Maybe just sit in the hot tub and veg out. Now that sounds like a winner!

Jamo pulled his tooth out on his own. I came home from my class and he showed it to me. What a kid. I haven't had to pull out a tooth yet! And because I'm so prepared (or not), I had to raid his piggy bank to get the gold dollar to put in his tooth pillow. I need to go to the bank. His other tooth is days away from falling out and I'd like to be prepared this time.

Roo is loving basketball, but seems to prefer soccer. He loves riding on the bus. He feels like such a big kid. Apparently there is a pretty tough kid in his class, but he manages to avoid fights, so that makes me happy.

Stinker is so girly. I am not. I don't do shoes. I'd rather be barefoot. I won't sacrifice comfort for fashion. Okay, maybe on a rare occasion. But seriously, I'm not a shoe girl. Never have been. But Stinker? Get that girl in the shoe aisle and her eyes light up like a Christmas tree. She's trying on every single pink, jewel-encrusted shoe she can get her hands on. It's like nothing I've ever seen, or experienced. She is turning into quite the little chatter box and has finally decided that words may be an effective method of communication. Oh, and she doesn't like keeping her diaper on anymore. Ugh.

Well, that is about it. Maybe I can give my poor, neglected blog more attention this week.

5 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Soccor and basketball on the same night? Whoa. Busy, indeed! We made Anna choose ONE activity this summer and we didn't make every t-ball practice/game!

Sara said...

You are one busy momma!! Sounds like you guys know how to have fun!

Natalie said...

I think all the running-around you have to do with your kids is a great workout in itself...so kudos for being Little Miss Fitness. You totally inspire me! I just found out a lady in my ward teaches belly dancing, so I may take it up and we can have a recital or something next time we meet. :) I didn't even know there WAS a modest way to shower and dress at a public gym but it sounds like you're developing a great method...and...you have my utter sympathy now that Stinkerbell won't keep her diaper on. Karli is just growing out of that phase (if only she'd use the potty!). Good luck! I miss you lots.

Raina said...

Wow you have changed the names of your kids. How smart! What is this 12 step program that you are doing? Are you drinking again! JK

Trisha said...

good grief! you've got something every night! how do you do that? you inspire me girl!