Friday, September 12, 2008

Falling for fall

Fall is my favorite season of all. I love it. I thought I'd list my reasons why.

  • Football
  • leaves change colors
  • crisp air
  • cider
  • my birthday
  • football
  • cool nights
  • corn mazes
  • I love all things pumpkin: pumpkin bars, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin seeds etc.
  • I love carving pumpkins, not the artsy part, the pulling out the gooey inside part
  • football
  • Thanksgiving
  • I don't have to feel bad for not wearing shorts or swimsuits anymore
  • new shows on TV
  • it smells different (or am I just crazy - don't answer that)
  • Did I mention football yet?
  • and now that I'm a mom with school age kids, let's add SCHOOL STARTS!!!!!! to the list

Anyone care to add to the list? I think I have football covered. :)

9 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

You forgot to mention Halloween = eating all the M&Ms that you want and not feeling bad about it...

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Being able to leave Chapstick in the car without fear of it melting!

Deanne said...

Love fall too - comfort foods (apple crisp, cider and donuts, pumpkin pie), crisp cool nights, color changes, sweatshirts. It's all great! My bday is coming up too!

Becky said...

Orange...that is the word and color that reminds me of fall and is the only time of year that I'm in love with the color. Brown and red are also admired. I have to say that fall in Michigan is THE BEST! I think it would be nice to have a house in 4 different places for each of the seasons where their beauties could be best highlighted. Michigan for Fall, depending on my mood Hawaii or Utah for winter, Virginia for Spring, and Esme's island for summer :)
Yes, you did mention football. I didn't know you were such a soccer fan. Just kidding!

Natalie said...

I think you should add football to the list because that is my favorite part. Maybe we fall lovers should all reconvene in Holt for a festival of sorts and eat tons of Michigan apples, watch a State game, and eat some QD doughnuts. I guess there are more things I miss about Lansing than I originally thought. I agree with Becky about the four house plan.

Victoria :) said...

I love the fall too! The colors, the smell, life just seems more relaxing...curling up in cozy sweaters. I have to add all of our birthdays are in the fall as well as our anniversary.

Raina said...

I just was just talking about this! In Arizona the weather is perfect! 70 degrees baby! Holidays...halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas! Pumpkin and scents of candles. Love it! Haven't got the sports thing down, though.

Trisha said...

Getting soup recipes out again, pumpkin patch,no more mowing (aka.. more time with kyle when he is home!), pumpkin bread, pumpkin candles... yum! But no football in this house. I married a guy who doesn't watch sports! You'll still be my friend, won't you? ;)

Unknown said...

Hey! I have a post just like this! Fall really does smell different. Later in the fall it's the smell of rotting leaves, but even in the earlier fall, the wind has a tint of tartness or something to it.
I'm so excited. The previous 4 years in Provo, I've gotten season tickets to football of course. This year, as a newly wed trying to get my PHT (Put Hubby Through), we couldn't afford them :( and we don't have tv :( (it's the only thing I miss...other shows are online w/ fewer commercials) but my dad is coming out this weekend, and so he offered to pay for football tickets to the byu unm homecoming game! woo hoo! watch for us in the crowd, we're up in the nosebleed in the north bleachers.