Thursday, September 25, 2008

Updates!

I've got a new slide and new videos up on Cookie. As always, if you need an invite, just let me know. Anyone we know is welcome!

My boys are getting so big! I can't believe it! Roo has been having problems with a bully at school. I told him that sometimes people are mean because they are sad, or scared or lonely and wish they had friends and that maybe he should try being nice to him. He came home from school and said that he and the bully are friends now and that he invited Roo to his birthday party. Isn't that nice? Bully isn't being mean to him anymore! I know it isn't always so simple, but it sure is nice when it is.

It blows my mind that Roo is 4. It really does. Granted, he will be 5 very very soon, but even still... Last night we were reading the kids stories and getting them ready for bed. Roo started to read the book. It was one he checked out from the library, so it isn't like it is one he has read a hundred times or something. I got it on video. It is on the cookie blog.

Yesterday I woke up to see 2 diapers on Stinker's floor, which I thought was odd. She's been taking one off a night, but where was the other from? Then Brad called and said that he had to put another diaper on her this morning before he left for work because she took hers off. Apparently she is now taking them off in her sleep. Heavy sigh.

I'm running out of options here, people. I just got done cleaning up her room again because this time it wasn't pee. ARGH! I am seriously considering potty training her. But that might also require me to make her crib into a toddler bed, and I don't know if I'm ready for that. My boys were in toddler beds at 14 and 16 months and she is almost 22. I just know I can't keep doing this diaper thing with her or I will go crazy.

8 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

have you tried the tape or putting a second on backwards or a pull up over the diaper? we are now at the pull up option, as ellie has figured out the others.

Becky said...

How do you potty train a 3 year old who will not sit on the toilet?! Help...It sounds like it's toddler bed time, poor you.

Mamapierce said...

Anna was 3 1/2 when she became potty trained. I wish I could help you, but we did it SLOWLY ourselves. Good luck!

Shannon Coker said...

Maybe Pull-ups will work. At least for a while.

Anonymous said...

I am all about Duct Tape! It works well when they are misbehaving as well, but that's another story....All of my kids went through this blessed stage...so the trick is you have to start the tape in the back and run it all the way around them. If you don't put it all the way around they find the end and you are right back where you started. Good Luck! Cindy

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Definitely try some tape. I had to do that with Mason for a while, and it really worked. I had those diapers as tight as Fort Knox!

Raina said...

Eliza did the same thing. Dale made her help clean up the poop in the toliet. But I like keeping my kids in the portacrib or crib as long as possible. Bec it means more sleep for me.
I trained Eliza to be almost potty trained at 23 months. The only thing that held her back was drinking bottles... 8 bottles of water a day. So once I got her off that she was done. But I like starting potty training when they are 12 months... start.... Just having them go pee in a baby toliet right before the tub. That is so they get use to it and they are not scared when the real training begin.

Missy said...

I just have to say... Way to go Roo! How awesome that he was able to have the compassion and insight to actually transform that negative relationship into a positive one... when was the last time you or I were able to do that? Rock on.