Saturday, September 6, 2008

Brad stories

I don't have many of these, but I do have a couple today!

The resident the year ahead of Brad has resigned. So they are down to 3 residents and 3 interns in surgery. His work load just increased. As if he wasn't already busy. Sheesh.

Going along with said work load, he gets pages frequently. One day he was at home making some calls about his student loans. He dialed and after getting a hello said, "This is Dr. Mons returning a page." The stunned silence on the other end alerted him to his error. He needs more sleep. :)

If you haven't had a chance already, I put up quite a few posts yesterday. I think the first one was about the wedding pictures, so if you want to see those, be sure you get that far.

5 chocolate lovers:

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

That is pretty funny, I'm glad that I wasn't the patient on the other line you know those residence (just kidding)!

Mamapierce said...

Poor guy - he does need more sleep! That reminds me of a weather radio person out in UT who was sick one day - in the middle of her weather report she ended it by saying "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"! :o)

Trisha said...

Wow. As if he isn't already worked too hard as it is. The whole overworking/underpaying resident thing is still something I am trying to come to terms with! Hang in there.

Jenn said...

Yay, your back! The house looks great. All I need now is a floor plan, so I can imagine where everything goes. Jill, I totally remember that weather girl!

It'll get better, you only have, what, 4 years left. That's not too long.

Sara said...

I am not looking forward to these shifts I hear about. Medical school is bad enough, but it sounds as though it gets worse - there is an end to this madness, right?