Friday, September 5, 2008

House pictures up!

As mentioned in the wedding picture post, there will be no slides posted on this blog and there are too many to do individually. Sorry!

The kids did great through the destruction. The boys played together or on the computer the entire time (aren't I a stellar parent) and hardly needed any intervention. Stinker was another story. She wasn't being bad, just very involved. She wanted to do everything we were doing. It took one of us just to keep an eye on her constantly. Therefore, I have tons of pictures of Stinker, and none of the boys helping. The boys did a great job helping us pick up wallpaper, I just didn't get pictures of it. Slacker mommy. But do not fear, school pictures are soon to follow, and that is all the boys.

Besides ripping off wallpaper and painting the entire first floor of our house, our dream team of Brad's dad and Uncle George and Aunt Olivia, got lots of other stuff done. We ripped out the dividing wall, put in new light fixtures in the hall, living room, and dining room, painted and fixed our old lamp, moved an outlet, moved a light switch, put on our porch handles, put switches on the toy room and office lights so the fan and lights are separate (and saving us hundreds of hours in marital counseling as I hate it when Brad turns off the light but not the fan and I trip over everything to turn it on), building up the wall in the kitchen, installing laminate flooring, making drapes for the front window, chipping the circle garden, and painting and installing new floor boards. And that, my friends, is why I haven't been blogging or anything else on the computer for over a week now. Oh, and don't forget that the guys got to go to the UofU game against Michigan. If you know me, you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE football. But they wouldn't let me go. I couldn't promise that I wouldn't cheer for Michigan so they left me home. ;) That's okay, Olivia and I got lots of work done by ourselves. And we had fun to boot.



Okay, for those of you unwilling to make the effort to log-in to the Cookie Blog, here are a couple of pictures for ya!

Living room

Dining room



Ripped out wall

Painted dining room

Laminate flooring

5 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Fun! I can't wait to see the pictures - it sounds like you got a LOT done! :o)

Victoria :) said...

Wow! That is some week. Would they be willing to come to my house?? I could use an extra hand or two. :)

Debbie said...

I'd love to see the pictures...do I need an invite? Glad you got so much accomplished! I love home improvement projects.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Melisa, could I get an invite to the cookie blog??
Pretty please??? :)

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Ok ... House pictures! I want an invite, too!