Friday, September 5, 2008

Last but not least

School pictures are up on the cookie blog! They are such cute boys!! They are in different schools because Jamo is in first grade and Roo is in High5, a program here for kids with late birthdays since the cutoff is in December. I drive Jamo to school, and Roo takes a bus. The first day, the bus was 45 minutes late getting him, but Brad had already taken him. And don't get me started on his first bus ride home. I waited and waited and waited outside. I pulled weeds to distract myself. I thought, hey, they were late this morning, so it makes sense they'd be late now. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I called the transportation department. No answer. Called the school. No answer. Kept calling both repeatedly. No answer. I was thisclose to just calling 911 and finding out where they had my baby. But, I'm not that dramatic. Instead, I cried and bawled like a baby and kept calling until someone answered the phone. It was one and a half hours late bringing him back. I was so ticked. No one called me. No one even returned my calls. I didn't even know if he'd gotten on the bus since he didn't ride it there. When I finally did get someone on the phone, she confirmed that he was on a bus and that he would be arriving soon. Friggin' ridiculous people. You don't keep a 4 year old on a bus for nearly 2 hours and not communicate with the parents. Oh, and this is all while my house is going major changes. Like I needed that kind of stress.

For the record, I let him ride the bus again the next day, and while it continues to be late, it hasn't been nearly as bad.

0 chocolate lovers: