Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Putting the break in mental break down

So, after 3 days of being sick and absolutely miserable (3 kleenex boxes worth), 2 nights of fitful sleep and last night's massive headache that bordered on torture and 3 whiny and not very helpful children, I'm just about done. Packing isn't happening, let alone keeping the house in a decent condition. My fabulous fellow Bollywood-lover, Neysa, came over to help me price stuff for the garage sale. We got through quite a few boxes, but I still have the majority of the stuff in the basement. And it is near impossible to do because if I'm down there, the kids will be down there. And if the kids are down there, then they are whining and complaining about what is being given away. Therefore, nothing is getting accomplished. It is all just so frustrating.

This afternoon (stupid early release Wednesdays, I hate them), the kids kept complaining and saying how I was starving them. I started dinner at 4. The big problem with dinner, (besides being sick and not wanting to stand, oh, and besides not wanting to go to the store with kids, and besides the fits Sugar was pitching because I wouldn't let her eat dessert and Jamo was pitching because I threw away the checkers that had been on the floor for 2 days) is that we have to hurry and use the food we have before we move. Makes for some interesting recipes. I might have made different purchases had I known we'd be moving so soon, but it is what it is. I boiled some water and threw in frozen peas, carrots and corn. Then I threw in some radiatore (super cool looking pasta). I mixed all that with some cooked ground beef. Then I let the kids pick a dressing to stir in it. Ranch was the favorite, but Greek Vinaigrette and Italian are also quite tasty.

Roo looked at it and asked, "What country other than America is this from and what is it called?" I told him it was called, "Mommy has been sick for 3 days and is super tired and no one is helping me with cooking, cleaning, laundry or dishes and I've been listening to whiny kids for the last 2 hours." "Oh, that's a long name."

Yeah. I'm coping quite nicely, wouldn't you say?

Dessert, for the record, was thawed berries with Cool-Whip, slivered almonds and a smidgen of chocolate sauce (though I personally prefer it without the chocolate sauce). I think I'm going to throw some mini-chocolate chips in next time I make it though...

And don't you worry. I'm not going to be adding either of these to the recipe blogs I'm on. Yes, they both tasted fine, but who needs a recipe for "Mommy has been sick for 3 days and is super tired and no one is helping me with cooking, cleaning, laundry or dishes and I've been listening to whiny kids for the last 2 hours." That's what I thought.

8 chocolate lovers:

Jilly Bean said...

Oh, honey! Good luck! I love the name of that recipe. It would probably win an award. Don't worry, somehow you'll make it through this and be with Brad again! And even have a little bit of his help. That little bit will feel like a ton because you've been without it for so long!

Mamapierce said...

(((HUGS))) I totally know what you're going through. I've never made so much macaroni and cheese until the last few weeks. It's a good thing that they like it - because I make it. A lot. Spaghettios, too. Healthy food? Who needs it. ;o)

brad said...

What a funny post!!! I know that life has not been fun for you these past 7 months, but I sure love your posts. I cannot wait to be a part of your life again.

Alexandra said...

Hehe, what....interesting
....recipes! You are almost home free, keep the faith!

Trisha said...

you might be surprised how often that recipe might come in handy for some of us! :)

hang in there girlie!

James and Lesley said...

Good Post! Keep'n it real...LOL! I feel like that sometimes even w/the hubby!!! HOw did you add the Picture to thw word? Also I want to see your other blog...!

Only 8 Days to go! YOU CAN DO IT MELISA!!!

Cindy said...

It's amazing...I've made that same dinner before....well the ingredients were different, but the exhaustion was the same!

Hang in there....you're on the home stretch!

Sara said...

Almost there! Hang in there - you are such a good mommy!