Thursday, May 21, 2009

Out of sight

Hi! Remember me? No? Yeah, it has been awhile, huh...

So, I called out an SOS and my a.m.a.z.i.n.g. grandma came on Monday to help me pack. She is seriously a master packer. And cleaner. She has single-handedly packed my entire house. In 3 days. AND, she has been going to the gym with me every morning. She runs circles around me. I thought I was in shape somewhat, but I can't keep up with her! I'm exhausted! You are all jealous, but that is too bad, I'm not sharing her! GRANDMA, YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!

And because we could all use some lemonade laughs, here is my day for you. Woke up and started cleaning and packing, etc. Got Jamo off to school, came home for more packing, want to cry because my knee is still hurting, decide to go to kettlebell anyway because, hey, it is my last one. Come home and get kids lunch and then Roo on the bus. Drive all the way out to Eaton Rapids (20 minutes) to exchange a plant that died only to find that I forgot my receipt when I arrived. So then I have to drive back home and then another 20 minutes back out to ER. Pick up Jamo from school and then dash over to get Roo. Lucky boys have a dentist appointment today. I get to Roo's school and go to the office to sign him out. I go in and they say, "Oh good, you are here, we couldn't reach you at home." Huh? Apparently he peed his pants during gym class. Nice. According to Roo, he told the teacher he needed to go potty, but she said to do one more lap. That has not been confirmed by the gym teacher, but either way, argh.

I only had extra pants for Sugar, so I didn't know what to do. It was already 3 minutes until their dentist appointment and there was no way I'd have time to make it home and back. So, I went anyway and asked if they just wanted me to drop off Jamo, but I couldn't reschedule Roo because, hello, I'd be 12 hours away. They said they'd take Roo too. I'm the mom that took her kid to the dentist in pee pants. Great. That is what I've come to people! Argh!

So, they had no cavities. One of Jamo's top teeth finally came in after falling out in December. After the dentist, I ran to Elaine's to get more boxes (thanks!) and then to the store to get more tape. Since I'm in stellar parent mode and all, I left Roo in the car because he didn't want to go in with pee pants. Nice. Force a kid into the store with pee pants or leave him unattended? Don't you judge me. I haven't even told you the story about Roo missing the bus yesterday. Don't bother commenting on how it is illegal or what a bad parent I am. I don't have time to read my emails anyway. Anyway, after that, I planted my new plant, and cleaned the van. No, like super-cleaned. Vacuumed, wiped down, super-cleaned. And then we went out for pizza because cooking is officially impossible at my house. We took the pizza to the park and it was glorious. I love Michigan.

Then it was an insane night of baths, getting whiny and tired kids to bed and a wailing 2 yr old. Thank heavens I will have Brad back soon!!! And there is seriously and SERIOUSLY no way I could have done this without my grandma. Brad's dad is coming in tomorrow to help with the loading and actual driving which is awesome because I didn't want to drive alone in a van with the kids. Tomorrow is cleaning. Joy. The packing is mostly done. Anyone want to clean from 11-2 tomorrow? It will be a party! Okay, it won't, I lied, but my grandma is really fun, so it is like a party!

And in case I don't manage to get on a computer tomorrow, I'll see ya'll in Philly!

Oh, and my Google Reader has 340 posts waiting to be read. Sorry everyone. I'm really behind on reading.

12 chocolate lovers:

Anonymous said...

No judging here...
Do what you have to do. Good luck--be safe! Hear from you when you get to Philly!!

Trisha said...

I can't believe it's finally time for you to head to Philly! YEEAAAAAA!!!! So happy for you!

Jennifer said...

You are AMAZING! Sit back and just bask in how amazing you are! (ok, sit back after it's all done and you're relaxing in Philly)

Allison said...

Your time has come!! YAY!!!! So happy for you guys!

Alexandra said...

We will be praying for a safe, quick, and fun move! Don't forget to take time to thank that guy upstairs for finally getting you to Brad, we are SOOOO happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

wow! props on all the hard work!
I was in Michigan last weekend! :) only for a little while though. Landed in Detroit, drove to Sandusky to go to Cedar Point. Woo hoo! I'm sure I'll post about it one of these days.

Mamapierce said...

You've been waiting for this for a long time. It's finally here. You will get everything done. You will finally move to Philly. You will be reunited with Brad again. You are a warrior.

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I'm so proud of you for making it through this season of your life. You'll look back at this later (much later) and think about all the lessons you learned. You've been brave, patient, and resourceful. I love you.

SeekerofGrace said...

Yay! The time has come! :) Don't worry - I don't judge you for leaving him in the car, but I am jealous that it is apparently cooler in Michigan than it is here! I could never leave kiddo in the car here in May... it's stinking hot!

P.S. Can I borrow your granny, say, in late June? :)

Rachel said...

WOO HOO! I'm soooo happy for you Melisa! Enjoy being a complete family again! We all miss you and your family!!!!!

Mrs.MD said...

I am so happy for you, you are truly a champion. When your settled we need to meet at the zoo, its great!

Joy said...

Hooray for Philly! Good luck with the move!