Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bloom where you are planted

You are all so wonderful. Thank you for being so supportive! As excited as I am to go, I'm already crying about leaving. This is such a wonderful town and I've loved it here. Because this is a college town, a lot of my friends will have moved by the time we could come back. :o( The new people will probably be wonderful too. I'm just very thankful for blogs and Facebook. It makes keep in touch so much easier!! I'm also hoping Sarah will take pictures of my plants. I'm not going to get to see all my flowers and plants bloom or see all the grass come in before we leave. I am a bit surprised to see them all coming back through the dirt and wood chips. I didn't kill them all! The clematis are getting huge, the hostas are coming out, and I'm seeing signs that the butterfly bush is starting to get leaves. Ooooo, and the flower crab has big beautiful bright pink buds that are just starting to bloom. I love my house.

And for those of you who voted on the kitty poll, last night's attempt was a major failure. We couldn't even get them to come out from under the porch, let alone catch one. Professionals may need to be called...

5 chocolate lovers:

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you! I think that you need and deserve to be with your husband! You guys are going to have a wonderful experience in this new chapter of your lives!
I LOVE butterfly bushes! We had the biggest one at our house in White Rock and have really missed it. I actually just ordered some from Springhill Nursery and cannot wait for them to arrive this week! I hope that you are able to enjoy some flowers and gardening at your new home!
:O)

Unknown said...

bribe them out with milk, tuna, cat nip, etc.

Mamapierce said...

I'm grateful for our friendship which has been blooming for over 8 years now! What a lucky woman I am to know you! Next time, can you move a little closer to me???

Jessi said...

Whoa, you really planted a botanical garden! Impressive!

It IS sad to leave friends behind, but thank goodness for blogging and FB. *wink*

I just LOVED the title of this post...it's SO true about taking root and blooming regardless of where God has placed you (and, unfortunately, it's not always in the most awesome of places). Praying for full blooms once you get to PA.

Sara said...

It is so hard to leave friends! Feeling your pain.