Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Why I hate flying

The party was absolutely wonderful. I loved every minute of it. Everyone was so warm and welcoming. I felt accepted and wanted instantly. I actually wanted to cry when we were leaving. The program director went on and on about how glad he was to have Brad there and what an asset Brad is. You would have thought they were begging to have Brad instead of the other way around. I got to sign with Tre for awhile and that was wonderful. He was an interpreter who has really been missing having someone to sign with, so he might have even been more excited than I was. The wives were all super sweet, and told me to hurry and get out there so we can do dinner and get together. I can't even tell you how wonderful it felt being there. Such an amazing group of people. I feel blessed to be a part of it. I can see why Brad has loved his time with them.

But, the trip home was not as successful. Ugh. The security line was insane. What were so many people doing there at 6:15 am?! I made it on the plane a minute before the shut the doors. Seriously. So scary. And when I arrived in Chicago, I caught an earlier flight out to Detroit. It would have been wise, since my original flight ended up being delayed for 4 hours, but really it just made a huge mess with getting my luggage. If it weren't for the fact that I had to have my camera to take Christmas pictures, I might have just left my luggage. But I HAVE to have Christmas pictures. I'm already suffering guilt at the realization that Calet is far less photographed than the boys ever were. Poor younger children. And then the drive home in the snow was awful and took 3 hours. My garage door was broken when I got home too. It was such a long day. At least I am home now. My kids had a blast with Shannon and the house looks amazing. I even fixed the garage door this morning. It wasn't really broken, just the manual switched had tripped...

3 chocolate lovers:

Laurie said...

The trip home does sound pretty miserable. I'm glad the trip was worth it though. Can you even believe how wonderful they were? That's so great! Sounds like a sign that you made a great choice to move to Philly. I'm so happy for you guys! Happy Belated Anniversary! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Croft Family said...

Sorry that you had a tough trip home. I'm glad you enjoyed your time there. When do you think you will be able to move out there?

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

I'm glad I got to hear about this segment of the 'our time apart' ;) ... I'm sorry it was so rough getting home ... I hope Brad doesn't have as hard a time. Thankfully, all the PA people seem to be great ... I'm glad for that, too! We'll catch up soon.