Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stolen tag

Like I need an excuse to think about Brad more. ;) I saw this hubby tag on Shana's blog. And since all I seem to do these days is think of Brad, I wanted to do it, even though I didn't get tagged or anything. :)


1. Where did you meet your husband? Seriously. Such a long story. :) Very condensed version is that my aunt had us start writing, totally platonic, while he was on his mission. We wrote for about 10 months before we even met. I had just moved to Colorado Springs and he was on his way to Denver for a conference. I opened the door to greet him, looked him in the eyes and knew with everything in me that he was the guy I was going to marry. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.

2. How long did you date? Counting from our first date in July, 5 months. I was still in CO for most of those though. I moved to OK in October, we got engaged in November and married in December. It was fast, but like I said, he had my heart the second I met him.

3. How long have you been married? We will celebrate 9 yrs on Wednesday. We won't be together, but I'm going out to Philly this weekend so we can celebrate.

4. What does he do that surprises you? He brings me flowers when I have a bad day. He loves doing dishes for me and helping with dinner. Though, I can't say that really surprises me after being married to him for 9 years. It did really surprise me when he bought Twilight on CD so he could listen. He is so incredibly busy, he hasn't had time to read it. But he knew it was important to me, so he surprised me by buying it and listening to it in the car on the way to work every day before taking me to the movie. Such a sweetie.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? His blue eyes melt me every time. And now our baby girl has his baby blues. I also really love his hands. It sounds bizarre because that isn't something I notice on people, but he does have really nice hands.

6. What is his best quality? He has the patience of a saint. He is calm and optimistic. And he is one of the most kind and helpful people I've ever met.

7. Does he have a nick name for you? Sweet pea

8. What is his favorite food? He loves peaches. I don't know what his favorite food is because his favorite thing is to never get the same thing twice. He loves to try new stuff. His does love oatmeal cookies though!

9. What is his favorite sport? He likes watching football with me, but as far as playing, I'd say golf. Though he likes playing racquetball with me too...

10.When and where was your first kiss? We went on a few dates the week he was in Denver. Our first kiss was the night before he left back for OK. We were at my apartment and we had just finished watching my favorite movie, The Princess Bride.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? He loves it when we cook together. I love watching movies together. We both really enjoy playing games with friends.

12. Do you have children? Our boys are 6 and 5 and our girl just turned 2.

13. Does he have hidden talents? I don't know how hidden they are because he uses them to help people all the time, but he is great at fixing things. He helps with computers, cars, and random odd jobs around the house. Totally doesn't surprise me that he chose surgery.

14. How old is he? He is almost exactly 6 months younger than me. He is still 31.

15. Who said I love you first? I did. We were holding hands and getting ready to walk across a street in Santa Fe. I pulled him back to the sidewalk and said I loved him.

16. His favorite music? The Cure, but he loves lots of kinds. He played in the band in college.

17. What do you admire most about him? He is an incredibly hard worker. Completely selfless. Compassionate and caring. He can tell when someone needs help and will be there in a second.

18. What is his favorite color? green

19. Will he read this? Yes. I have my posts emailed to him. :) We use the computer a lot more these days to keep in touch. It has kept me sane. I'm hoping he will leave a comment with all of the corrections. hee hee I'm sure I got a few of these wrong. I LOVE YOU, MY BRADLEY!

20. Who do you tag? anyone else missing their hubby as much as I am, but you've probably all done this already, huh

3 chocolate lovers:

Shana said...

Hey there! I loved getting to read about you and Brad. I never knew how you all got together or anything, so it was fun. I'm glad you did it!
I am a twilight fan as well, and my hubby read all four books and took me to the movie. He caught a lot of ridicule for it, but I love that he did it.

Take Care...

Trisha said...

Happy anniversary! You guys have a wonderfully kid-free weekend! Woo! Hoo!

Robyn said...

What a sweet post! Just the few times I've been around him, I can tell he is one special person.... and of course, so are you!