Wednesday, December 17, 2008

9 wonderful years later!

Today I have been married for 9 years. Funny, it snowed on our wedding too. Here is last year's post with some pictures:http://momtomonsters.blogspot.com/2007/12/8-yrs-ago-today.html It snowed again as we finished taking pictures. It is kinda sad that we are in separate states on our anniversary, but at least it is temporary. The thing that has me nervous is that I'm supposed to fly out to Philly for a quiet, kid free weekend. The same day they are projecting a storm with 6-12 inches of snow. Argh. I really hope the airlines don't go all crazy. My flight doesn't leave until 7 pm as it is...

I know that a mere 2 posts ago, I gushed on and on about Brad. I can't help myself. I think I married the most perfect guy for me. My own personal Edward/Jacob/Carlisle. hee hee I know I probably should have waited a couple days and done the hubby post today, but he is the patient one, not me. I honestly don't know how I got so lucky. But since I just did a whole post on him, I will spare you a prolonged repeat. You can thank me later.

After our lovely snow storm last night, I woke again dreading the whole "Stinker and snowblower" thing. Imagine my delight when the Elders showed up this morning and asked where the snowblowers and shovels were. I actually started crying after I shut the door. I know, doesn't take much to get me crying, but it was just so nice all the same.

Okay, I'd love some insight with this little problem. Roo rides on the bus to school. He had problems with a boy, but then they became friends. But lately, the boy has been a total twit. He told Roo on Friday he was going to beat him up on Monday. Roo spent the weekend crying. I told Roo if the kid did anything to hurt him, I'd be talking to his mom. Well, Roo said as much to the kid on Monday. The kid didn't touch him. But on Tuesday, Roo said the kid hit him 17 times. Probably more of a mocking thing, though Roo said it hurt. I called the transportation department and told them I didn't want my son sitting with this kid. Then I told Roo he couldn't sit with the kid anymore, even if he wanted to. This kid is in 1st grade. Roo isn't even in kindergarten yet. Today he hit Roo with a backpack, but didn't sit by him. So, do I hope things get better? Try to contact the mom? The school? He hasn't been hurt yet, but I don't want it to get to that point either. He is barely 5 and shouldn't have to be in fear on the bus. Granted, he isn't incapacitated with fear, thank heavens, but I don't want it to get near that point either. Thoughts?

Tonight, the kids and I will be celebrating Mons Family Founders Day with pizza. Hee hee! Sure miss you, Brad!

5 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

I would contact the mom - but I'm the kind of get-everything-out-in-the-open-and-direct-communication-type person. Best of luck!

Pizza, yummmy! Happy Anniversary!!!

Deanne said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Jayson and Victoria said...

I guess the best place to start would be with the parents. You are going to have to let me know how this goes. I am headed there at some point myself.

Laurie said...

Painful as it would be, I'd talk to the mom. Hopefully she would be open to the discussion!

Anonymous said...

As a former school bus driver (as Melisa may remember a few YW presidency meetings in a school bus) I encourage anyone who is having school bus problems to work out some other form of transportation. The driver never sees half of what goes on and couldn't do anything while driving down the road anyway. Carpool with some friends, but do something. Thats my opinion!