Monday, August 17, 2009

What would you do?

I can't find a sitter. For the life of me. Seriously. What would you do? I'm getting my knee drained, so probably not the best thing to take them to, but I'm desperate. It isn't like my husband has a job where he actually gets time off work. Would you:

  1. cancel the appointment and hope at some point in time you can find a sitter
  2. take the kids with you and pray they don't freak out and can behave themselves

I'm at a loss. Why can't there be year-round school?! Or a drop-in care center. Oh how I miss those! They kept me sane! Finding a sitter sucks! And I've had stinkin' doctor appointments constantly these days. I am SOOOOO SICK OF IT! I suppose it is my fault for playing racquetball AMA, but there is only so long I could stay away... Sigh...


12 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

Do they have those Seeking Sitter organizations there? Have you heard of them?

Unknown said...

I don't have a sitter either :0( So I know how hard it can be!!!!!!!

My one really good friend wanted to charge me $10/hour to watch Avery for us so we could go rafting and tubing......UGH......No thank you!!! We ended up taking him with us :0)

When is your appt???

Melisa said...

Nope, I haven't Trisha. I'm looking online and not having much luck. Boo.

Alyson - at this point I'd pay $10 an hour if I could just find someone to pay $10 to. LOL! My appointment is at 11:45.

Melisa said...

As in tomorrow. LOL! I have another one on Thursday too. Argh. I can't wait for school to start.

Jessi said...

Is a MDO program nearby? Here, you can pay for just one day if that's all you need.

If that's not an option, I think I would just take them with me...in fact, I'm doing that tomorrow....after the kids are done with their well-baby visits, it's my turn. UGH!

How badly do you need to have your knee drained? How long would you need to wait for the next appt?

Jennifer said...

Do your kids have Leapsters? Or a portable DVD player? Those are both life-saving devices for us on airplanes and doctor's appointments.

Good luck - saying prayers for you. That is such a literal and figurative pain! :)

Sarah C said...

I have not found any sitters in Holt yet. It makes life more difficult. Can you book your appt on a day that Brad is off. I know he does not get many days off, but I am sure he gets some sooner or later. If draining your knee will help you feel better, I would take the kids.

Unknown said...

I am totally too late! What did you end up doing? My kids use to go with me when I would get cortisone injections in my wrist, they thought it was great! Hope it all worked out and that you are in too much pain!

Jenn said...

Take the kids, what's the worst thing they'll do? Scream and cry? Or will they try to attack the doc who is draining your knee?

Laurie said...

I know how bad it can get in the doctor's office with kids! Ugly! And the pain of not finding a sitter is so annoying (and I have fam as a backup which I know I'm lucky to have)! I hope it works out soon. I'd prob go to the appt anyway to give you relief. Feel better!

Deanne said...

Isn't there another mom around that can take your kids for a couple of hours?...

Anonymous said...

Consider a "mother's helper" if you can't find a sitter. a nice sweet 11-12 year old who can come with you to the appt's with a bag of tricks to keep the kids happy in the waiting room, and in time, will become a great sitter when she's ready for your kids on her own. and no drop ins? that's absurd.