Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mandatory home time

Well, it figures. I finally find a sitter for my kids and as I'm making lunches so we can walk out the door, SugarPea starts puking. All that stress and worry about finding a sitter for nothing. ;o) So, I got to have a nice relaxing day at home, minus the cleaning up puke, of course.

But my thoughts today keep turning to a gal named Jami. My brother, Jeremy, had a friend in college named Kameron. He and his wife Jami have a 2.5 yr old little boy. Kameron died yesterday from complications of his lupus and Valley Fever. I can't even imagine starting my life over as a single parent after the death of my husband and best friend. If you have a chance, please go here and give her words of encouragement as she looks for her 'new normal' in life. And go give your spouse a big hug, or a text if he is on call :o).

4 chocolate lovers:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I cannot imagine starting over either, but I have made myself think about it and figure out what I would do (you know me--always have to have a plan). Not something I want to think about, but it was something that I felt I had to think about for my kids' sakes.

coxandroberts said...

You just gave me my cry for the day. Wow. All I want to do is hug Don. We either not try to think about those things or just think it isn't going to happen. But it does. So sad. She sounds like a very strong person with a lot of faith and is very close to her Heavenly Father. If anyone can do it it sounds like she can.

Jenn said...

I am so sorry for her. Brenda Blamires husband died, leaving her with a 4 6, 3 and her 8 months along. It really made me think about mortality. And lupus sucks, I know. What is Valley Fever?

Sarah C said...

That is so sad. I will keep Jami and her family in my prayers. I am sure they could use a lot of comfort.