Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How do I love this house?

Let me count the ways.... uh. Yeah. Does anyone else get annoyed when dishes come out of the dishwasher dirtier than when they went in?

Here are some pictures from my house today.

Have I mentioned how much I truly miss AC? It is a little sad to see Sugar's wet ringlet's in the middle of the day.
This is from the leaking ceiling because Sugar dumped water out of the tub during her bath.

But I do have good news. I have a sitter for tomorrow! Woot! Thanks, Jen! You rock, girl!


9 chocolate lovers:

Jenn said...

That's why we quit using our dishwasher, the dishes all came out dirtier.... I feel your pain.

SeekerofGrace said...

I agree! The entire last year in our apartment I did not use a dishwasher because I could wash the dishes BEFORE I put them in the dishwasher and they STILL came out dirty... (Seriously, I checked).

Unknown said...

yes, our dishwasher does that too. ironically we just replaced it because the previous one would leak AND not clean anything. I've found that a) don't let food crust on, b) rinse off all chunks of anything, and c) do a "rinse" cycle before the actual wash cycle, the dishes may come out clean, if I don't cram too many in and make sure to have them facing the "right" direction. Maybe that's why our dishes just pile up on the counter until they're all dirty? (tmi?) i'm on a roll so: then, don't forget the extremely hard water that will leave spots no matter what kind of rinse aid you use.

Rebecca said...

Oh the inventions of man-sometimes they help but not always.

coxandroberts said...

We get that all the time with our dishwasher. I hate it! If we don't run the garbage disposal before we start the dishwasher all the nasty food from it some how ends up all over our dishes. Now if someone could explain how that one works... I hate where we live too. I just keep telling myself..."Only one more year. Only one more year." Hang in there. Miss ya!

Mamapierce said...

Wow, 89 degrees. I have my a/c set for 71 degrees...come visit me to cool off!

Laurie said...

71 degrees Jill! Wow. Now that's cool. 89 is the pitts!!

Funny that you think of me when you're down to fumes. :-)

So glad to hear you've had some sitting help come to your aid. I hope your arthritis is slooooow to progress, and that your racquetball playing kicks into high gear. :-)

Mostess Mommy said...

Oh, Melisa, how you love your house! 89 degrees is criminal! We have two window units in our house that keep us in the 70s, thank goodness!

Good luck with all of the other fun things you love about Philly.

Cindy said...

Oh!!!I am so sorry about the house! You guys have been through A LOT, and house woes sure don't help! I hope that things get better! Glad that you were able to find someone to watch your kids.......40cc's.....YIKES!!!!