Thursday, February 5, 2009

No news

Slow news week is a good thing, right? Nothing insane or down right crazy has happened lately. YEAH!

Brad arrives for his week of vacation on Saturday. My mom comes out the following Thursday so Brad and I can get away for the weekend. Brad will leave early Sunday morning. Then on Tuesday, my so very brave mom will fly with the 3 kids to NM. They will hang out with Grandma & Grumpus, and Tylerr & Becca when they can, for 2 whole weeks! WAHOO!! Then Tylerr will fly back here with them and stay and do a Magic Johnson (his life-long idol) tour.

I probably should have saved such a big favor for packing and getting ready to move, but the kids have a vacation that week and I could use a break!

12 chocolate lovers:

Sarah C said...

Yeah! That sounds like so much fun! I am glad you and Brad will get away just the two of you. Grandmas and Grandpas are the best. You really do need a break. The kids will have a blast!

Trisha said...

There you are. Glad everything is going smooth!

What in the world are you going to do by yourself for that long? Ahhh.... wonderful! :)

Laurie said...

I was wondering why you fell out of blogland. Goo dto see you around. The vacations sound wonderful. You deserve it!

Mamapierce said...

Wow. Two whole weeks. What on earth will you do with all the free time? ;o)

Natalie said...

Yay! I'm soooo glad you get to have a vacation and to see your honey. :) You totally deserve a grand time!

Rachel said...

That's awesome Melisa! Haley will definitely miss Calet while she is gone :) So you said what your hubby and kids are doing for the next few weeks... what are your plans?? I found a free yoga class by the way. Maybe we can find one that we can go to! Enjoy having your hubby around and a well deserved break ;)

Unknown said...

No news is definitely good news! How nice that you are getting a nice break! Every mommy deserves those and I am so glad you are getting one as you deserve it more than most...dealing with all that nasty winter weather along with single mom-hood!

coxandroberts said...

That is so exciting! How nice for you. I wish I could send our kids to NM for 2 weeks but my parents and Don's fight over the kids. It gets ugly. Did it once, not doing it again. It is bad when we are there. Had an aunt steel Heather from nursery. I was upset when I went to get her and she wasn't there. Enjoy. I hope you have a great time together. You deserve it!

Jilly Bean said...

Wahooooo for you!!!! Have fun!

Julie said...

Good for you, you deserve the break! Make a list of things you want to accomplish while they are away so you can make the best use of the time - that's what I do when mine go to Grandma and Grandpa's!

Sara said...

Enjoy your time - I know you deserve it!

Robyn said...

Good for you! I can't think of anyone who deserves that more. What a supportive family you have!