Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's me again, Margaret!

First off, Brad fell asleep in Stinker's room, so I'm going to do a quick post.

I have had an absolutely blissful few days with Brad home. Everything is sunnier with Brad around, but the weather has been gorgeous even without his help. It is like I get to be in heaven for a few days. Ahhhhh....

Okay, don't lie. You know my life is crazy. So, what craziness happened lately? Well, I got a phone call. It was a recording. It said, "You have a collect call from the County Jail." Uh, it has been years since I've gotten one of those calls. And I couldn't for the life of me think of anyone in town who would call me, so I just hung up. But, not much later, the call came back again and the caller said, "Melisa, please pick up the phone." Now my curiosity has the better of me, so I agreed to the charges...

"Who is this?"
"This is Tony. You sound sick. Are you sick?"
"Yes. Who are you trying to call?"
"Melissa (some name I don't remember)."
"That is not me."
"Really?"
"Really."
"Can I call you again anyway?"
"No."
"Please, it isn't that much money."
"No."
"I just want to talk. Can't I just call you again?"
"No. I really don't think my husband would approve."

At which point, he did indeed hang up.

I know this is totally random, but the whole situation just reminded me of Ray Stevens, "It's Me Again, Margaret." I love Ray Stevens! And I totally blame it on my Aunt VaLynn who lived with us while I was young and impressionable and got me hooked on a wide variety of music. If you are a normal person, and have no clue what I'm talking about, here is the video for your viewing pleasure.

11 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

awesome! i remember these from when i was a kid. off to watch more! :)

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh! How nutty was that! (the call)?

Mamapierce said...

The craziest things happen to you, Melisa! Wild.

Nata-Leigh (Lubbock's Mom) said...

Craziness doesn't cease when Brad's there, huh? I'm glad the weather cooperated while he's in town.

Mellissa said...

What's with you and Brad? Are complete strangers of the opposite sex drawn to you? It's because you guys are so friendly. Maybe you should have given Tony the number of the lady Brad found in his bed. They might "click."

James and Lesley said...

Ray Stevens…thanks for the viewing pleasure. Absolutely hilarious, love it! Great post! I needed a laugh…lol!

Sara said...

You have the weirdest things happen to you!!

Robyn said...

Seriously, who would that ever happen to? I guess you! Glad you are having blissful days, you deserve it!

nicole said...

I'm so glad you've been in heaven lately... you waited so long for that! You do seem to have a bit of a crazy life, but maybe that's why I like you so much, cause I can so relate! :) Love this blog!

Dion said...

I like "The Day the Squirrel went...". Ray Stevens, gotta love him.

Sarah C said...

I must admit, your life is a bit crazy. I am glad Brad is home now. Have a great time with him.