Monday, February 16, 2009

Getting an early start

So, two weeks ago when I had a lovely little mental breakdown from being alone with 3 kids for nearly 4 months, we got tickets for my kids to visit my parents for 2 weeks. I've been feeling overwhelmed with everything lately and thought that I could really use the break. I knew I'd miss my kids, but I also thought that after all the stress I've had lately, I would need the break more than I would miss them. But now that their bags are all packed and they are ready to go, I'm already crying. Partially it is the guilt for sending my mom into an airport alone with my 3 little Monsters to take care of on planes. The thought makes me shudder. Partially it is guilt for even having wanted a 2 week break from my babies. I'm not doing anything exciting like touring Europe or packing up to move. I'm just going to re-clean my house, organize the basement and garage, get rid of some clutter, etc. Then I'm going to relax and go to more yoga classes, attend game nights with friends, go to the Detroit temple, and other such things. The kids are going to have a blast with my parents. The boys are laughing already at the thought of playing with Grumpus and belly-fighting Tylerr.

I know I need the break, so why can't I stop crying?!

10 chocolate lovers:

Trisha said...

You need the break. It's going to be good for everyone. Sure you will miss them, but I bet you will feel more refreshed than you have in a looong time when they head back home. Enjoy the time to yourself girl!

Victoria :) said...

Oh sweetie! You can't stop crying because you are such a good mommy! And because you are a good mommy you recognize when you have reached your ropes end and are smart enough to ask for help. Enjoy your time. After a couple more months you will probably be wishing you had more of it. :)
Love you!

Jilly Bean said...

Oh girl, our babies are so much a part of us! We love them and so it hurts to be away from them. But it'll also be so good for you to have a quiet brain to organize and clean for two weeks. Enjoy your time. And enjoy your reunion in two weeks!

Mamapierce said...

You're crying because you forgot to schedule a day to watch TWILIGHT with me again. ;o) Seriously, though, you are a great mom. I'm sure the kids will miss you as much as you'll miss them. (((HUGS)))

Cindy said...

Just know that you deserve a break....we weren't meant to go it alone....that's why it is so hard when we have to! I second Trisha's comment....you need this time to recharge......you will feel so much better after the break and able to take on the world again!

nicole said...

I agree with the others... you are crying because you're such a great mom, and you LOVE your kids! Thankfully, you love them enough to know when you've had enough. You have SOOO earned this break! Enjoy it! When the kids return, you'll be rejuvinated, and your love for them (and their love for you) will be even stronger! hugs!!

Natalie said...

Amen to all of the prior comments; you are not only an amazing mom, but amazing in every other category of live, too. You are my idol! Just think about how GRAND it will be to do one (or two or three) nice, sweaty session of yoga and then actually have time to take an equally relaxing shower afterward and then be able to blow dry AND fix your hair AND do your makeup. The very thought gives me chills! :) I wish I could come to Holt and go to a belly dancing class with you. I miss yoU!

Robyn said...

Whenever I feel that kind of "guilt" for doing something that is good for me I remember something a wise friend told me. "Guilt is for sin and nothing else." Like you pointed out, the kids will have a wonderful time. They don't see this as mom is sending us away. They are going on an airplane ride to hang out with grandparents. They'll LOVE you for it. Especially, cause when they get back, they will have a happier mom who took some time for herself. You are a wonderful mother. I wish we lived closer so we could get together!

ChristyLou said...

You poor thing...leaving the kiddos is so hard, even when we need a break!! I'm so impressed that you've been able to hold it together on your own for four months. I hope you have an amazing break and don't feel guilty about needing it, you've earned it!!

James and Lesley said...

I hope the eyes are dryer today!
=c(

Enjoy it…this could be a once in a life time thing...
NO kid’s & hubby!...lol!

I’m sure the little ones are having sooo much fun and making wonderful life time memories. Make sure they come with lots of picture to show you all the fun they had!