Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm still here!

For those who feared I lost my mind without my kids around, fear not. I am alive and well. Though I have now moved. Apparently I live in the YMCA now. Monday I went to cardio and yoga, then hung out in the sauna and hot tub with my new racquetball friends. That evening I went back to try pilates. I'm glad I tried it, but I prefer yoga. If I want a workout, I'll do kettlebell or cardio. I love yoga because it relaxes me and gets me to talk to my body. When you are balancing on one leg and turned upside down, you have to be completely focused and have your mind completely cleared. I love that. So, I'm crossing pilates off my list of classes to do.

Yesterday I went to yoga and then played racqetball for almost 2 hours. Okay, we actually took breaks between games to catch our breath and even had a 30 minute gab session, so it was probably closer to 80 minutes of racquetball. But we were playing hard core! I was even using my hard serves part of the time! I'm soooo excited! That night I went back and tried real yoga as I had been doing gentle yoga. And yet again, I prefer gentle yoga. I need a class that relaxes me and helps me release my stresses. So now I just need to figure out how I'm going to work gentle yoga into my schedule since they are changing the times. Argh.

I woke up so sore this morning. Perhaps I'm over-doing it a bit, eh? Nah! Today I did cardio and then gentle yoga again. But I was really feeling it. Owie. I have my church meeting for the young women tonight, so I won't be hitting the Y, but my body is probably grateful for that. Get some rest before kettlebell tomorrow.

Brad found this on YouTube. It totally had me cracking up. "Don't make it too hot though, when serving it to gringos!" Give a little New Mexico shout out! haha! Actually, the first time Brad met my parents was at Gabriel's in Santa Fe. And we had guacamole. Too funny! Enjoy!


8 chocolate lovers:

coxandroberts said...

I love yoga for the relaxation too. It's great!!!

Becky said...

That was funny! Reed and Douglas thought it was weird.
So, what do you say to your body when you're in yoga? "Come on leg! Wrap around my head and stick that toe up my nose! Now!"

nicole said...

Sounds like you're doing great! I'm so glad you're getting a little time for yourself. You deserve it! I am not much of a yoga girl... I prefer the high impact, move and groove kind of work out like kickboxing and step aerobics. I think I just need a way to get those endorphins going and get some stress relief. And let me tell you, there is nothing that relieves stress like punching and kicking for an hour!

Sarah C said...

Wow! Way to go. You are doing great!

Cindy said...

What a great opportunity to get so much awesome exersise in.....you are amazing!

Alexandra said...

Wow, you are hardcore to workout that much! I looooovvvveee yoga, it's my favorite way to relax and get a nice workout!

Missy said...

SO great! I am jealous, but very happy, you've found a steady Racquetball friend. I'm so glad you're enjoying this break.

Laurie said...

You are hardcore now. How do you exercise that much?! It sounds like you've found your stride!