Sunday, June 8, 2008

Y not?

I forgot to mention this earlier, but we signed up for the YMCA this week. My boys had a blast at the swimming lessons last week, so I got them signed up for classes this month. In order to get to the pool, you walk by the racquetball courts. I started salivating. Oh, how I LOVE racquetball. The problem is, it requires having multiple friends/help. One person to play with and one to watch the kids. So, if any of you out there know how to play racquetball and want to play, PLEASE let me know! You might need to be a little flexible with me as I'm at the mercy of Brad's schedule. I'm also very open to going to other classes or workouts or whatever. I'd just love to have some company. I'd rather not go alone. If you are looking for a workout buddy, please let me know!

5 chocolate lovers:

Becky said...

Sorry, I'm not a racquetball person and I just got penalized by Mr. Spell Czech for spelling it wrong. Good thing he's keeping an eye out for my many faults as a speller. I go to the Y too, on occasion, or when I'm really feeling guilty about my physique.

Mamapierce said...

Good for you! The YMCA is a great outlet - especially in the summer. Anna is signed up for t-ball this summer! Does your YMCA not have a complimentary child care nursery??? Ours does, and that, alone, is worth the YMCA membership.

Victoria :) said...

Huh, we were just talking about joining the YMCA yesterday. Must be the season. Although, ours does not offer complimentary childcare. The website says it is available for a small fee. Wonder how small they think small is?? In the meantime I think I will just stick to riding my bike around town while taking pictures. ;) Good for you though!! Way to get active! ...And I don't blame you, I so hate working out by myself!

Anonymous said...

I wish we had a Y membership. We looked into at one point, but went with New Life Fitness instead. Its no-frills though. We used to have a membership with Go Workout. They had an indoor mini-track, hotub, and sauna. But our new gym has..well..gym equipment. So sad. Hehe. Anyway yeah, having a workout partner has always made me lose weight and get into shape, faster. Its that support thing, and me and my friend always made it a competition..it was pretty fun. Anyway if schedules ever align maybe we can go running sometime..or walking. Just keep me updated on whenever youre free and maybe we can workout something out. (Naomi Dempsey and I go for walks some evenings when she doesnt work. You can always try and jump in on one of those...I dunno how far we are from you though. But just a thought.)

Raina said...

Oh man Melisa! I have a YMCA membership too. I love that place. I am running low on work out partners. I wish we lived closer. I am not the best at racketball but it really helps everyone else self esteem.
Hey my friend Melissa W***. I don't want to publish her last name but she said she use to be your roommate. She says she loves ya and misses you.