Sunday, June 1, 2008

Week of work!

Wow. I thought I'd have time to get this post done, but C thought I'd have more fun if she removed her diaper and scattered its contents throughout her crib. Lovely. And stinky. No, this isn't C. I didn't think to take a picture. But you get the idea.


It was wonderful having my family here. Thankfully our renter moved out the day before they got here, so they had the entire rental to themselves. It was my parents and brothers Jeremy and Gerrick, by the way. Gerrick got home from his mission to Alaska last year and we hadn't seen him in years. It was nice to catch up with him before he gets married this summer. Jeremy has an extremely busy social life out in AZ, so we are grateful he took the time to come and help us. And get my boys to belly fight. Sigh.

Anyway, we got so much done! They got 3 ceiling fans installed. And by installed, I mean cutting open the ceiling, putting in the track and electric box, running the electrical and assembling and installing the fans, oh, and adding another switch so the light and fan will be on separate switches. That alone should have taken a week. But they also repaired the fan in the master bath (one switch had no power and the other ran both the light and fan), ran electric for the light on the master porch, figured out what was wrong with the electric in the closet (we had never been able to turn on the light) and no one was seriously shocked. Yeah! Outside, we got walls put around 4 trees, the utility box, and along the side wall. We still need to finish them off, but we are light years ahead of where we would be if it was just me and Brad working. Oh, and the patio in back is started too. That will take awhile to finish yet. We are hoping to get the sidewalks in this week (I can't wait to have a functioning front door again!). Then level the yard and start grass before it gets too hot. So, there will probably be more pictures to come in the coming weeks.

3 chocolate lovers:

Tori said...

Looks like you guys got a lot accomplished this week. Glad your family could come in. It is always so fun for everyone, plus it's nice they were able to have projects while they were here. Sounds like no one was bored! :)

Jenn said...

Your mom looks great! And I can't believe how old Gerrick is now...we're old. And that was Jeremy right (obviously I didn't look at the captions)? I love your family (glad I can claim them as relatives).

Victoria :) said...

Gerrick is back from a mission?! I didn't even realize he was old enough to be on a mission! Are we really that old Melisa??
Wow! You all really did get a lot of work done. We have lots to do in our back yard, but right now we have a very naughty 7mo lab who thinks it is fun to chew on everything. I think doing anything in our yard would be a waste of time at this point. So good to see pictures of your family. Your mom hasn't changed a bit!