Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just some random pictures

Not many updates on the yard work. It has been raining too much. Having said that, we did get the new gutters installed the day it really started raining. They weren't hooked up to the drain system yet, so when Brad got home, he got in some shorts and went into the mud to hook up all of the down spouts. I think he enjoyed sloshing in mud barefoot.

As I speak, they are doing forms and getting ready for the sidewalk. It is still pretty wet out there from all the rain the last 2 days.

The boys said their Webkinz wanted to watch them drive the Jeeps, but I didn't want them getting dirty. The frog and duck were J birthday presents from Aunt Brookie. The pig and monkey were Easter gifts from Grandma Jessie. The dogs and elephant were acquired last week while my family was here. Grandma Jones couldn't resist getting them some too!


The clip magnets I made this week. There is a "This Week" "Next Week" and "Spicy Kitchen"


Ahhh, the wonders of a laminating machine and hot glue gun! My favorite part is the glass chili bead I have on the bow. I've had them for over a year wondering what to do with them.

Did I already mention the picture I got for $12 at a garage sale? It looks very Kinkade-esqe to me and I love him. It hangs above our piano. And you can also see why I'm so desperate to get the wallpaper down and paint. But alas, the yard is the priority right now.


We found this in our backyard yesterday while eating breakfast. I have friends here that frequently have herds traveling through their yard, but this was my first time seeing one in our yard.


6 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

Nice picture! It definitely looks like Thomas Kinkade. Isn't it fun to see so much nature? I'm sure your kids were thrilled to see a deer up close! :o)

Deanne said...

It's always fun to see deer in your backyard. We even found a turtle the other day. It's like living in a nature preserve around here! Quite a change from our townhouse in DC...We're loving too.

Anonymous said...

You guys are lucky you have such a nice backyard that allows you to spot animals. The only thing I've spotted in my backyard so far, was a man peeing. (I'm not even kidding. It scarred me for life.) He was a little too in touch with nature if ya ask me.

Croft Family said...

Love the magnets. What a great garage sale find. Love it when I get those great deals. You are so busy with your yard. I bet it will so nice to get your yard done. It is coming along and looks great.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I have a wallpaper steamer that works wonders if you are interested.

Robyn said...

I got a kick out of the pic with the webkins. My kids are crazy about those too!
Hang in there with all those projects! I don't think I could be as patient as you've been. It will all pay off though!