Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TOFW

Oh, there is so much to update!

Friday it was snowing. A lot. Syd got stuck and couldn't make it to Time Out For Women. We were soooo bummed. We started driving to Chicago and saw probably 15 cars off the road. The tow truck guys must have been so thrilled. On the way, we stopped at a chocolate shop. They sold truffles. I bought dark chocolate/mint. Heaven. We also stopped at Applebee's for lunch. They let me have 2 George of the Jungle cups for free. The boys were thrilled when I brought them home. Between driving slow for the snow, the insane Chicago traffic, and the food stops, we got there a later than planned. Because we had some people who couldn't make it, we cancelled one of the rooms. It was nice that they let us. I was stressed about that! We got settled into the rooms, and went for dinner. I had gotten sick from reading maps and all the traffic, so I didn't eat much. Then we went over for the night program. I was able to sell Syd's ticket out front. I was pretty lucky, there was a lady next to me giving hers away. But a group of 3 gals came up each needing a ticket. Worked out well!


That night we gathered in one of the rooms and played Apples to Apples and Perudo. We were up past midnight and got up at 6. We were a little tired. The next day we checked out and had breakfast before the talks. Merrilee Boyack gave an amazing talk on service. I loved it. Then we heard from Camille Fronk Olson. The singers, Cherie Call and Hilary Weeks did a great job too. We had lunch and then heard from Dean Hughes, Jane Clayson Johnson, and Carolyn Rasmus. I got a great book at the store. It is "The Ten Virgins" which is my favorite parable. And the pictures are done by Simon Dewey, who is phenomenal. It is a gorgeous book. I love the pictures. I got the CD that goes with it (there is a musical you can do with it) but the wrong CD was in the case. How weird is that?! I've never had that happen before. They are sending me a new one.

After it was all over, we went to a place called Smoque for some seriously yummy BBQ. Oh my! It was great! Definitely worth the trip. We got home around 11. It was a fun weekend. I'm so glad I went. The women all seemed to really enjoy it.

8 chocolate lovers:

Mamapierce said...

It sounds like you had a FABULOUS trip! I'm so glad!!! There's nothing better than uplifting speakers and music and being surrounded by friends. :o) That was really nice of you to spearhead the trip for all those ladies. You're always thinking of other people - you're awesome!!! :o)

Brynn said...

That sounds great! I'm glad you all had a nice time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. I love TMFW. I think everyone should go to it at least once in there life.

The Melo's said...

That sounds like fun, I am definitely going to plan a trip to one of those some day! That neighborhood is on Moores River drive, this side of MLK. I absolutely love it, sometimes when I need to relax I just drive up that street and it does the trick.

Robyn said...

Oh, I wish I could have met you there! Sounds like a great time! I love TOFW!

Robyn said...

Oh, I wish I could have met you there! Sounds like a great time! I love TOFW!

Unknown said...

Keep the snow up there.

herb.doc said...

I went to a concert with Michael McLean and I still remember the feelings I had while listening to his songs. What an inspiration!